Had the basic classic room which was perfectly nice. Very clean room, nice finishes like Bose stereo. Huge shower! Though quite exposed as within the bedroom (not in a separate room), so some may not like! Hotel staff were all friendly and helpful at all times.
I did not use the restaurant or room service, though this was partly due to price, sure food is great, but very expensive.
Hotel bar has great views over the city. Good selection of drinks. Though cocktail prices were bordering on extortionate, nearly 20Euros. Hard to justify that at any hotel (this is more than cocktails at the Savoy Hotel, London).
Free soft drinks in the mini bar was a nice touch, and good free coffee machine in room.
Overall great hotel, and would definitely use again, just go easy on food and drink at the hotel unless you have a big wallet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Alzette and Petrusse Valleys, the luxurious Sofitel Luxembourg le Grand Ducal enjoys stunning views of the historic city centre. The hotel is at the centre of the Espace Petrusse complex, a short walk from major multinationals, embassies, major tourist attractions and shopping. On the top floor of the hotel is a high class restaurant serving gourmet cuisine prepared by a star rated chef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Lux Le Grand Ducal Hotel Luxembourg City
- Sofitel Hotel Luxembourg City
- Sofitel Luxembourg City
- Luxembourg City Sofitel
- Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal Luxembourg City