“Conference” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Rue Jean Engling, Luxembourg City 1466, Luxembourg (Formerly Hilton Luxembourg)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels in Luxembourg City
London, United Kingdom
“Conference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I organised a Conference with this hotel last week. Best experience so far with a hotel. People trying their best to make your event the best, listening to every one of your requirement at a decent price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GM_Hilton-Luxembourg, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and for having taken the time to give us your written feedback. Please let me also thank you for the very positive comments you gave about your stay and the team of the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg.I´m pleased to hear your excellent feedback concerning our meeting facilities.All conference rooms have been renovated last year and our staff is the biggest asset for success as well as the customer service you experienced during your meeting with us. I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you personally very soon at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and remain,

Mathias Busch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I'll pass on the (arguably touching) cookie thing at arrival, which is a common feature in Doubletree hotels, but would like to enphasize the free upgrade as a better room was available and the nice and responsive service when I said that the heater did not work. The manager on duty personnaly went to my room to make sure that I knew how to switch it on (rather than explaining on the phone) and had a small one sent to my room to make sure that it would not stop again. Main comment was on the smell, which reminded me old hotels of my youth 30 or 40 years ago when travelling with my parents. This hotel has been renovated but you clearly cannot totally change the building... Location is also quite far from the city center (and therefore very very expensive, being in Lux)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and for having taken the time to give us your written feedback. Please let me also thank you for the very positive comments you gave about your stay and the team of the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you personally very soon at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and remain,

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have just returned from a lovely break in the charming country of Luxembourg and were delighted to have chosen the Doubletree by Hilton!

For a country where the customer service is actually nothing to write home about, the staff at this hotel were a huge exception to the rule. If you had an enquiry or problem they really would go out of their way to help you solve it. Plus, the staff at breakfast worked so hard and always had a big smile to greet you with.

We encountered huge difficulties in trying to book a hired car in Luxembourg (not recommended at all!), but a member of staff by the name of Enrique went out of his way to help us: something we would like to thank him for again now!

We were allocated a huge suite on the 16th floor (great views) and the staff were even kind enough to give me some local chocolates for my birthday, complimentary; along with a letter from the manager - thanks for that, guys!

All-in-all, a fantastic hotel where your experience will be made so worthwhile through the excellent staff! I highly recommend this property to all.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor offers a great view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and for having taken the time to give us your written feedback. Please let me also thank you for the very positive comments you gave about your stay and the team as they are the biggest asset of the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you personally very soon at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and remain,

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Rooms very clean and spacious, with free internet (may just have been in my rate, you could also pay) at a decent speed.

Room service was delivered quickly and the food was hot. A bit pricey, but then it is Luxembourg!

Breakfast was very nice, with friendly staff. I have seen a wider range, but the choice was perfect for what I wanted. Nice coffee, fruit and cereals, and a hot selection.

PS. The cookie on arrival gimmick sounds nice, but it tastes like a brick after being sat in their hot cupboard for a while. Ignore this stumble at the first hurdle, the experience does get better!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This used to be my first choice when staying in Luxembourg, but I am very seriously reconsidering this. Bed/bedding quality is still very good, location is OK (slightly out of town), breakfast and internet service are OK (not exceptional, but consistent). The service quality is declining - towels are not being changed or replaced, and twice this week I was only given a single towel, my last check in I had to make 3 additional trips to the reception with my bags until they got the room and the key combination right...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GM_Hilton-Luxembourg, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Mr.Kehler,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and for having taken the time to give us your constructive feedback.Our Operations Manager informed me about your meeting regarding your experience during your last stay with us and I can assure that all necessary steps have been taken to avoid any re-occurrences.I´m looking forward to welcome you again in the near future at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and remain,

Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Normally I like boutique hotels when traveling in Europe but this one was listed as pretty inexpensive so I booked it since I am also a HHonors member. I booked the cheapes room possible, a standard twin, and when I checked in I was offered a free upgrade to a King size suite. I saved almost 50%! The room was nice. Really big and clean and comfortable. The breakfast was awesome though. Tons of choices compared to your usual hotel breakfast and the staff was very attentive.

Room Tip: This hotel is tucked away in a little valley so if you want quiet then great. If you want the cente...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GM_Hilton-Luxembourg, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, responded to this review, March 13, 2014

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I 've staid @ double tree Luxemburg before in a standard room.
The junior suite during my second stay was close to perfect.
Thank you for your warm welcome, clean suite, service, and nice, complete breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Mathias Busch

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg? Share your experiences!