“Worth visiting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Rue Jean Engling, Luxembourg City 1466, Luxembourg (Formerly Hilton Luxembourg)   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Montserrat
“Worth visiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was impressed by the location (out of town) and the very quiet surroundings. Brilliant staff who went out of thier way to make your stay as comfortable possible. The bus service to the hotel is cheap and regular. The rooms are big and have all the amenities you would find in a 4 star hotel. I would have loved to get free wifi in the room as part of the package. Nevertheless, the service is available for 5 euros for 24hrs. This is much cheaper than most hotels in other parts of europe. In summary,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Hilton-Luxembourg, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and for having taken the time to share your experience with us. Please let me also thank you for the positive comments you gave about your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, which I shared with our team. Your feedback will encourage our team members to maintain their efforts and to try to improve our quality of service each day. Thank you once more for having taken the time to share your experience with us and I hope you visit us again during your next visit in Luxemburg.

Mathias Busch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
Wiesbaden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and were impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel staff. The only disappointment we had was the breakfast buffet which we had expected to be great from Hilton. The scrambled eggs were runny!

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and for having taken the time to share your experience with us. Please let me also thank you for the positive comments you gave about your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, which I shared with our team.With our Headchef we are in the progress to review your comment to avoid any reoccurance.Your feedback will encourage our team members to maintain their efforts and to try to improve our quality of service each day.Thank you once more for having taken the time to share your experience with us and I hope you visit us again during your next visit in Luxemburg.

Luxembourg, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very comfortable hotel with attentive and helpful staff. Only booked this hotel because at the time it was cheaper than IBIS. Upgraded on arrival and the 2 rooms we had booked were directly opposite. Rooms well appointed and very comfortable. Could have provided a few more complimentary teas, coffees and milks although I'm sure if we had asked they would have been happy to provide them. Didn't eat at the hotel but breakfast and dinner looked expensive in comparison to the cost of the room, although we did get bargain rates for the room.s

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GM_Hilton-Luxembourg, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Mike,

Your feedback will encourage our team members to maintain their efforts and to try to improve our quality of service each day.During the summer we have attractive rates, we also have a great get away promotion during this period, which you can find on the hilton website as well, with great deals.

NOTTINGHAM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This was always going to be a positive review given that they present you with warm double chocolate cookies when you check in, in my view ALL hotels should take note and do this! The room was large and top quality;lovely materials, beautiful decor and a very comfy (if relatively small) bed. Bathroom was small but good and the toiletries were nice. Had room service which was very expensive but the pizza was good. Location was pretty and relatively easy to find with sat nav. Service was quite clinical but good. Overall, a good hotel I'd definitely stay in again

• Stayed July 2013
GM_Hilton-Luxembourg, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, responded to this review, July 30, 2013

Maastricht
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Doubletree Luxembourg is a good, luxury hotel. It is located East of the city on the Echternach route. From here you can easily reach the city by bus, that stops almost in front of the hotel. As parking is free at the hotel, this is mostly cheaper than parking in town.
The hotel is big and has19 floors. Rooms from the high floors have a good view, partially on the surrounding forests.
Rooms are pleasant and functionally designed.
Staff is highly efficient. Breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: Have a room on a high floor to enjoy the view. Junior suites and suites are very spacious.

Wokingham, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had emailed the hotel before my arrival to arrange a pick up by the hotel's shuttle service. Although the driver was late in arriving the service was good once it got going.

Arrived at the hotel early but was still able to check in upon arrival. As a Gold Hhonors member the upgraded room they earmarked for me wasn't ready but I was still able to receive an upgrade to a lesser category. The room itself was nicely furnished and very spacious.

Its very easy to get into the city centre. The first time we walked which wasn't too bad, took about 40 minutes and a nice way to see the city. The remainder of the time we used the bus which is very easy and cheap, only EUR2.00 each way and about 10 minutes or so from the hotel to the city centre, therefore the location of the hotel didn't pose too much of a problem.

The breakfast service on the first day was chaotic, the serving area was a complete mess with food everywhere, which I know is the customers doing and not the hotel staff, but no attempt was made to clean it up. The food was one of the worst hotel breakfasts I have had, very bland and tasteless. Breakfast on the second day was just the same, except the serving dishes were allowed to run out completely. To the credit of the restaurant manager, he did rectify this when he noticed and made teh chef refill them as soon as possible. Free breakfast is a benefit of Gold status. Had I been paying for it I would have been very disappointed.

We ate lunch once and dinner once in the restaurant which was very good. Great tasting food and very good service which can't be faulted.

The hotel pool and gym were good. The gym is very small but adequate as long as its not busy. There is a sauna in the male changing room which, although small is very good.

Check out was a shambles as my bill was wrong. I was being charged almost double the room rate I had booked. When the copy of my bill was put under my door on the morning of my departure I noticed the discrepancy and mentioned this to the front desk who assured me it would be rectified before I left. When I checked out, there was a credit on the bill however the bill was still wrong. I had to provide proof of the price I had reserved the room at and then an adjustment was made. To the credit of the check out clerk he was very good and couldn't apologise enough for the mistake.

I requested a late check out which was accommodated with no problem. I reserved two places on the shuttle bus to the airport which was very efficient with no problems at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Hilton-Luxembourg, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor with us.

Please let me also thank you for the overall positive comments you gave about your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, which I shared with our team. Your feedback will encourage our team members to maintain their efforts and to try to improve our quality of service every day.

I would like to apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay because of the breakfast and the lateness of the shuttle bus upon your arrival. Your comments about your experience of the DoubleTree by Hilton breakfast particularly retained our attention. Please be assured that I have already met our Food and Beverage team and forwarded your comments to reinforce training activities to avoid the reoccurrence of such events in the future.

Thank you once more for your constructive feedback and for having taken the time to share your experience with us.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you personally very soon at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and remain,

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is my preferred hotel in Luxembourg whenever I am here. Also this time overall very satisfied. Always pleasure to stay here. Minor point this time. The receptionist asked me to speak either French or English and not German. A bit surprising for a hotel that desk-staff cannot speak one of the official languages in Luxembourg

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg and for having taken the time to share your experience with us. Please let me also thank you for the positive comments you gave about your repeated stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, which I shared with our team. Your feedback will encourage our team members to maintain their efforts and to try to improve our quality of service each day.

Mathias Busch

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg? Share your experiences!