We enjoyed our stay in Luxembourg. This hotel suited us for a three night city break. It is within walking distance of the city centre if you enjoy a good walk, about 30mins, otherwise take a bus or taxi. The walk from the valley floor up to the citadel is very good, phew !!
Nearby the hotel there are a couple of places to visit, the citadel and Art museum.
The city is nice, a smaller centre with some very expensive shops and some interesting history.
We drove from the UK and parked under the hotel. It was secure and easy to find. The hotel is in a business area, was very quiet (apart from the builders) and the location felt very safe. It is a modern hotel around a glass roofed atrium and was being refurbished at the time of our stay. We were disturbed at 0730 by builders outside our room and were not happy to find our top floor room was on a floor where the corridors were still being finished, trim and wiring etc. We negotiated a price reduction because of this.
The hotel does not meet some of the standards we expected from a Sofitel.
There is no concierge as the reception does it all.
Smoking is allowed in public areas. We were very surprised to see smoking was permitted outside the lifts on the bar level with high level tables and ash trays outside the lifts. We gagged as we left the lift to get a meal and it permeates the atrium area. When we sat in the restaurant we could smell smoke. Yuk.
The restaurant provided some excellent food and a high quality bottle of wine. We enjoyed our meal here, but it is very expensive. If you want you can eat next door at the Novotel where the same beer and decent food is much much cheaper.
The fitness room is just that, a room. Smaller than our own room but with good equipment for a small workout.
The builders will go soon and the hotel will a decent choice to stay at for this city. Please sort out the smoking and we may come again.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Luxembourg Hotel
- Sofitel Luxembourg Hotel Luxembourg City
- Accor Luxembourg City
- Sofitel Luxembourg City
- Luxembourg City Sofitel
- Sofitel Luxembourg Europe Luxembourg City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Luxembourg Europe is the only 5-star hotel in the new economic and cultural district of the "Plateau de Kirchberg" in Luxembourg. It is in the midst of the European Institutions and the business district, less than 10 minutes from the city center and offers easy access to Findel Airport and the highway system. There is a wide variety of cultural and business venues close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, ACCOR, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Luxembourg Europe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.