“Worth making the diversion through Luxembourg” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Diekirch
Type: Military Museums, Museums
Wales
18 attraction reviews
“Worth making the diversion through Luxembourg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Interesting displays and information relating to Battle of the Bulge. Glad we made the effort to visit this museum as it increased my knowledge very much about a period in history that I know little about. Went on the recommendation of a friend, glad we did.

• Turkish first
Kouvola, Finland
“A great collection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Visited the museum with colleagues by the start of our Battle of the Bulge Tour. A good place to start, great amount of all kind of stuff and very high class set up.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“A great Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited this museum with our 3 children aged 12 (twins) and 14, they loved it. To be honest I wasn't expecting much but it goes on forever inside. The 2 tanks parked at the gate are very impressive and there are some amazing displays inside with so much to look at you could be there for hours. There are many floors to explore with different rooms branching off all over the place, even my husband who isn't one for museums enjoyed this one. Definitely worth a visit.
Only downfall was the lady on the cash desk who ticked off my son for using 3 paper towels to dry his hands after using the toilet Oops hahaha.

Cheshire
30 attraction reviews
“For History Buffs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went to this place after having read about it in guide books are were not disappointed. As other reviews have said there is so much to see and if war history is of interest to you then this is one of the best places to be.

The main story told surrounds the Battle of the Bulge and the invasion of Luxemburg, what its citizens had to endure, and how finally they were liberated.

The museum is spread over several floors, each telling its own part of the tale, with tableaus and army memorabilia everywhere. It is quite overwhelming just how much stuff is there, and there are plans to increase its size again.

Our strong recommendation is to pay the few extra euros and hire the audio commentary. This will really bring to life what you are looking at, and will also guide you round in a systematic way.

Denver, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
“Great Diorama's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been to this museum a couple of times in my travels. It has always been busy improving itself. Located in an old brewery, lots of stairs and different rooms. A lot of the displays are in diorama form. Making this an interesting museum for those that may not know how different items were used or set up for usage. I personally like this place because I found a picture of a relative displayed here, just one of a bunch of G.I.'s in a group picture, but everyone in the picture was identified and I knew the name and face right away. The room dealing with the food that was furnished to both sides is out standing. I made a good living from dealing in military collectables through the years and I see things in this museum I have never encountered before, Not indicating that the items are not real, just that rare and unusual.

Visited December 2012