“Very enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Hafnia

Save Saved
You added Hotel Hafnia to your Saves list
Hotel Hafnia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 - 10 Aarvegur | PO Box 107, Torshavn, Streymoy 110, Faroe Islands   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Torshavn
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Hotel accommodation in the Faroe Islands is very limited, but the Hafnia was ideal (and the two star designation seems inadequate). My room was typical of a Nordic hotel - clean, functional and smart. The hotel is located in the centre of Torshavn.

Be sure to book well in advance if you wish to stay in late July. I stayed during the national day holiday (29 July); the hotel was extremely busy (and many Faroese people descended upon Torshavn for the festivities).

• Stayed July 2006, traveled solo

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ski Municipality, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

The rooms was first class and the friendly staff tok well cear of us the hole stay. Recommended!!

• Liked — The friendly staff!
  • Disliked — The breakfast room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tromso, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

We stayed in Hafnia in Torshavn the better part of May and June 2007, and the staff took good care of us all the way. Example: When you stay this long, you need to wash some clothes after a while. The manager told me that the hotel washer room was being renovated, but hey! I could come to her house and use her washing machine! I have NEVER experienced hospitality like this any other place. The staff is outstanding, and when you stay as long as we did that is a must! Rating hotels by stars is obviously very difficult to who ever it is that does this. I have stayed in several different so-called four star hotels in London, but none of them are even close to Hafnia. I must say the food is good. The breakfast buffet is scrambeled eggs w/ bacon, soft boiled eggs, different kinds of cereals, yoghurt, bread, different kinds of spread, ham, salami, etc, juice, milk, coffe, tea. If you are english, and insisting on eating a grease-ball plate with fart-beans on the side, you will be disappointed. The lunch buffet is also good, consisting of several warm dishes (they differ from one day to another), and also a cold buffet. The manager also gave us a gift certificate to try out their seafood buffet, that they serve some of the days during the week. I loved it! I come from a fishing nation myselfe, and we are used to good seafood products. The chef in Hafnia has nothing to be ashamed of. Unfortunately we never tried dinner, so I couldn't tell you what it's like. Next time...? The rooms are good, nice and clean. We had to change rooms a couple of times during our stay, so I have seen several of them. If I could make one wish, it would have to be a larger bathroom. I did not stay in a doubble, maybe they have larger bathrooms? The location could not be better, next to the old town, nice pubs, bars and nightclubs within a few minutes walk. Shops, the harbour and restaurants are just around the corner. I didn't see any kids here, and for the most part the other guests were older than us (I'm 38). If you want to spend sometime exploring Færøyene, then Hafnia should be your hotel of choice. It's a small country, and it doesn't take very long to drive across the islands. After a day of hiking, boat trip or what ever you're doing here, Hafnia is a good place to rest before exploring the nightlife. If I ever come back to the Faroe Islands, I would stay here.

• Liked — Staff and location
  • Disliked — Small bathroom!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Hafnia? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Hafnia

Address: 4 - 10 Aarvegur | PO Box 107, Torshavn, Streymoy 110, Faroe Islands
Location: Faroe Islands > Streymoy > Torshavn
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Torshavn
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Hafnia 3*
Situated in the heart of the world’s smallest capital, within walking distance of the harbour and the historical part of town, Surrounded by shops, restaurants and night life. Hotel Hafnia is the perfect setting for your stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hotel Hafnia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hafnia Hotel tórshavn

If you own or manage Hotel Hafnia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.