“reference from russian couple” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Castille Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Castille Hotel to your Saves list
Castille Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castille Square, c/w St. Paul's Street, Valletta, Island of Malta VLT 07, Malta   |
Special Offer
Book direct for best rate
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Valletta
Kirov, Kirov, Russia
“reference from russian couple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In this hotel very helpful personnel! Especially i very want to thank Frederick Attari who very helped us to find camping for relaxation close to the sea and he connected us with other people. also helped us to print ticket for flight(boarding pass), gave us some good recommendations what to do and see in Malta! Frederick is very polite and i hope this hotel should know about it!
Good luck to "Castelli"

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Ate at the rooftop restaurant. Absolutely wonderful view food very good likewise the service. It was perfectly warm out on the terrace but there is plenty of seating inside too. Their traditional rabbit was the best we ate.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived at 00:35 and greeted warmly by the night reception and promptly given the key to our room.
Greeted warmly by the Staff next morning.
It was good to be back amongst familiar faces and facilities.
The room was set out as a double using two single beds which resulted in a King Size bed.
Great views for the Grand Harbour windows and an interesting view from the side window of the newly refurbed PM's Office building.
Breakfast on the terrace is always a treat with such views over The Grand Harbour, Valletta, Floriana and the wider countryside; Mdina and Mosta visible.
Stayed on a Half Board basis which represents very good value, Dinner can be taken in the de Robertis restaurant or in The Cave (past and pizza) both offer a good selection.
The revised Dining Room layout is an improvement.
WiFi can be intermittent but there are a good number of free WiFi hotspots in the area.
We've booked our Spring 2015 return on an HBB basis of course.

Room Tip: Harbours views are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very Nice hotell, and a good stab that trait us vell You cant mean that w shall do 200 charters when we are are doing this, You dont understand that a lot off us dont use engllish as ouer first laguage

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

location location location
stayed there for 2 nights
wifi is terrible and only works in the lobby and near the stair... no wifi our room
breakfast is good but be there early
its not that quiet but it was ok for the price
really close to barakka gardens and saluting battery

would sleep there again but only for 1 or 2 nights ... no long stay

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
solihull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

good service, good food , and comfortable room. views from rooftop restaurant were fantastic.the staff were very helpful, breakfasts were generous, dinners reasonably priced,the pizzeria in the picturesque cellar was good and happy to serve as much or little as you wanted to eat.

Room Tip: some rooms have views over the square but must be noisy at times, we had a courtyard room, which alt...
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

First I would like to say that I presented all my complaints to the General Manager and the response I received was not satisfactory. My policy is that if the service I receive isn't good enough I always take it up with the establishment privately and give them the opportunity to demonstrate some customer care. That has not happened to my satisfaction in this case. Our experience was this. I made a booking on condition that we had a double bed and wi-fi in the room. On arrival the room had 2 singles and I complained. I was told nothing could be done until I threatened to leave when miraculously staff members appeared and made the 2 singles up as a double. To be fair they gave us a bottle of wine for the inconvenience so we decided to accept it and get on with our stay. Then we found that the wifi is completely unstable in the rooms and only works on the ground floor. The receptionist knew this was a problem on all floors but chose not to say so when he took my booking. On the second day we got back to the hotel at 11pm and asked for drinking water and were told that none was available. I have never stayed in a hotel where it was not possible to access drinking water. I tasted the tap water but it was too foul to drink. Then I went to run a bath since the shower attachment had no hook to hold it on the wall and the bath filled up with filthy brown water. I drained it and tried again but the same thing happened I complained and received a 25% reduction but actually did not think this was adequate at the rates they were charging as being thirsty all night and not being able to take a shower or bath are fairly major issues for a hotel stay. Also, I left my electric toothbrush behind and it did not turn up in lost property. Other issues are that the curtains were not wide enough for the windows, the room cupboard didn't shut properly, the sheets were not quite big enough, the blankets were full of dust, the lighting inadequate, the breakfast was revolting for example the bacon was swimming in liquid fat, the coffee very poor. In all fairness the staff are very polite and friendly but this is useless if the basics are not right and they can't help you. The building is historic and does have some charm but I find it very difficult to believe the good reviews. For the rates they are charging you can do much better elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
alexandra b, General Manager at Castille Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
The caption in this case should read ''Take your chances and pay the money (as much as you like) later!'' That's what she did. Said client was not satisfied with my page long detailed polite response because I did not give in to her threats. It is useless to go into details but suffice to say ...who bothers about the width of the curtains on their honeymoon?

Been to Castille Hotel? Share your experiences!