“Sweet things” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Sliema
“Sweet things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've been to Angelica many times and every time, the experience is just lovely. The food is delicious and the sweets are the best in the city. And everything is served in a friendly atmosphere. I will definitely be returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Budapest
“Good Food - Rip Off Prices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Well, the decor is original, reminiscent of the French style..... and the restaurant boasts of the best chocolate in town. The food was good, but I have been tasting much better food! Anyway, you do not get a menu with all prices included, the owner tries to get you to order more food without warning you about the extra charges (for example, you order a mousaka, get prompted for some potatoes, and these few potatoes cost half the price of the mousaka!), the hot chocolate is just too thin (nothing like the "best chocolate in town"), and, at the end, you get the surprise of your life when shegives you the bill!!!! Definitely not to be recommended....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mgarr, Malta
“Terrible and overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I went to Angelica's a couple of times, primarily lured by its decor, until I realized how our food was made. Apart from being way overpriced, the quality of the food is not what I would expect for the price we were paying. When my friend ordered a pie, the server simply reached for a pie on a shelf behind me (which was uncovered) and simply reheated it. There isn't a kitchen at Angelica which means that the servers prepare the breads themselves in full view of the restaurant. Please not that the same people also clean the restaurant, and unclog the toilet; which is what happened when we were there, within the same 5 minutes that she was making our food. Not very hygienic or appetizing if you ask me.
Needless to say, I will not be returning.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Malta
“Never going again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My partner and I have been here twice but we will never be going again.

Tables are way too oversized. The waitress couldn't even get to the table next to us without having to ask us if she could move our chair.

The owner is extremely pushy and tries to up sell you to more expensive drinks or sweets. She did this to every single table in the place.

Portion size of cakes have reduced to about a third since the last time we visited in August 2012.

And finally the bill was way too expensive for two coffees and two cakes. I've paid less at cafe's in 5 star hotels in Malta for the same kind or order (but much better cake!)

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good food, but too expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very nicely decorated coffee shop by Maltese standards, but the prices are excessive, there is no menu to see how much it costs before you order and no receipt. The food is fine, but definitely not even close in quality to what you pay for it. There are much better options for good coffee and cake around Valletta for a third of the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere