“Fantastic Easter Sunday Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 162 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: French, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Fantastic Easter Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Being Easter Sunday the place was packed but to our surprise everything was organised and service was great.

I must say the food was excellent and all 6 of us dining had words of praise!!!!

We definitely recommend Browns and will be back!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Malta
“THE MOST HORRIBLE DINING EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you want to eat in the worst restaurant in the world then go to Browns. On the 23rd of March, me and 3 more sat on table 6 for dinner at Browns. We sat down at some minutes to 9pm, and were served food at 11.17pm. As I were going to ask the waiter to cancel our order, she served us the food. We weren't hungry at all. My pork chop replaced a chewing gum. It was very dry and hardly chew-able. I couldn't even cut it properly. My boyfirend's beef was a brown rock. The service is disaster. More than 2 hours waiting for the worst food in the Universe I think. 103EUR down the drain. If I gave them for charity, they would've given me more satisfaction, than dining at this horrible restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Birkirkara, Malta
“Never again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

It’s a pity giving such a rating, but the truth is the truth.

We were a party of about 10 and even though we went during one of the busiest evenings, that could never excuse what followed. My girlfriend and I were late ... we could not find parking, anyways, as long as her friends knew that we were going to be late, I did not bother much about it. When we arrived and asked for the menu, the old geezer (nope, I am not going to apologise for calling him that) scolded us for not coming earlier and order with the rest of the party. My girlfriend and I were baffled, I mean not even my own mother would yell at me for being late for dinner!! We did not say anything seeing that there were a lot of people, and there were only a couple of waiters around. We chose immediately because the ever-so-nice waiter told us that we should not order anything “ta’ barra min hawn!” (something out of this world!).

After literally a few minutes he came with the platter before anyone else’s order. Unfortunately, it was the wrong platter. Of course, after a while trying to get his attention, I told him that this was not what we ordered, what happened next surprised and infuriated me – the waiter cursed for getting us the wrong order! In all honesty, the first thing that came to mind was that all this was some sort of joke or a prank! Anyways, he left and after quite some time our platter arrived together with the other orders. Yet, one simple bruschetta never arrived, even after pointing this out a record of four times. After that unpleasant experience we were itching to pay our bill (which came soon as we asked for it, we joked that the waiter was keeping it in his pocket ready for us!). The missing bruschetta was on the bill, but of course we ignored it.

At least this experience served us as a reference point on how we can define bad service.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Alan C, Manager at Browns Kitchen, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Contributor,

It's very funny that you took more then 10 months to write a review.

With that said, I would like to point out that Browns Kitchen, changed Directors, since December 2012 which the change of ownership brought with it New Management and even a lot of New waiting staff, so I politely suggest that you visit the place again, as i personally feel the review does not reflect what Browns Kitchen can really offer at the present days...

If you kindly spare some of your time to check out the latest reviews since the transaction of the restaurants, all we have is good reviews because we strive to deliver exquisite food and most of all, Excellent Service.

Thanks for your time.

Alan.
Sliema, null, Malta
“A great evening to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Yesterday we went to try Browns kitchen at the Valletta Waterfront for our friend's birthday.The athmosphere was so nice and cozy...the waiter was really helpful and was so nice and was giving us great tips of what type of wine we shoil choose..when it came to food we had a geat selection to choose from..we started with a great cheese platter and as for myself i chose a homemade gnocchi with blue cheese and walnuts and it tasted so good...then for the maincourse some of us went for the meat which was cooked to perfection and i went for the fresh king prawns which tasted like heaven.everything was good...prices,food and most of all..service was excellent.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bruxelles
“Ideal for fish lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Discover this restaurant jus by walking along the waterfront and was really delighted. Excellent food, very fresh fish and very nice team. The prices are more than afordable and you get very good recommendations by the peronnel. We tried also a bottle of local white wine and really enjoyed it : fruity and very fresh.
The bill for a full meal including appetizer, main dish, dessert, wine and water was less than 125 euros for 2 people.
For sure, this restaurant is to be recommended.

• Visited February 2013