“While passing through the famous Strada Stretta” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 169 Restaurants in Valletta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
“While passing through the famous Strada Stretta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

While passing theough Strait Street on a Wednesday afternoon I passed by this little family run restaurant, i was impressed with how wonderful and cosy this restaurant is, the Italian family the runs this place are really nice people, they serve a different menu everyday depends on what fresh fish and other food they get in the morning, they even take the time to explain the menu to you which for me is the closest you can get to a customer. So I ordered a plate of Seabream fish with jacket potatoes, which was amazing and I was amazed by the huge portion of the fish, they even have a variety of wine list and home made desserts! When I am in Malta I would definetly visit back to this jewel in the famous Strait Street.

Wiltshire UK
“A lovely evening with good food and wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We found this cosy little restaurant on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed.
A family run business the staff went out of their way to make our meal as enjoyable as possible.
The fish was freshly caught and cooked, we were shown the fish prior to cooking. My partner had Sea Bream, I had Swordfish, it was the largest swordfish steak I've ever seen!

My only complaint was that we both felt that some green vegetables could have gone well with our respective dishes - but overall a good experience.

- I even had a portion of Crème Brullee cake - wich was FAB!

Would we go back - definitely

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Delicious Nhoque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Excellent restaurant,good atmosphere. Accessible price. Very nice staff. Fresh pasta made every day in the restaurant. In Malta is very hard to find a restaurant, a good one, that don't need reservations, so if you are going to Malta is better get informations about the places that you want to go before go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
United Kingdom
“A very late lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

During a trip to Valletta, a firend and I were in search of lunch, but it was now 2.30 and apart from the normal snack and coffee bars most serious places were closed, we came across Papannis in Strait Street, it was empty, we poked our heads in and asked if they were still open the guy replied that they were not but still come in.

The staff were really friendly, and whilst the menu was small eveything was fresh, my friend opted for the fresh grilled prawns, and I went for the Tagliata, both were excellent, they also recommended a Sauvignon Blanc from Chile which was also very good, so good in fact that my firend asked if she could buy a bottle to take away.

This little gem is hidden in a back street but is worth seeking out (hopefully when they are open) and when I am next in Valletta I will make another visit but this time for dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food with great service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have to admit that I have been pleasently surprised with the quality of homemade food. The staff is even better. They speak Maltese, English, Italian and Spanish. And if u dont understand the meal, dont worry, the cook will come to your table and explain it all to you. Try hkmemade raviole with scampi. Its something to try....

• 5 of 5 stars Food