“Fantastic quiet place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
sliema
“Fantastic quiet place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

food is fantastic, ambience very romantic and we love the little soup they give you on the house, small gesture and tasted yummi. would recommend for any occasion.

Visited December 2012

78% Recommend
Saint Julian's, Malta
“Excellent food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant is good if you just go for the quality of the food. The interior is fairly standard, and there is no view to the outside.

Visited January 2013
Pori, Finland
“The best in Sliema for sure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place is one of those restaurants that I still think about though it has been years since my visit. The food there was simply so good! If I ever go back to Malta, eating in The Kitchen will be on the top of my list of things to do. Last trip I saved it for the last day, so I only got the chance to eat there once. The prices are much higher than in an average Maltese restaurant, but it is worth every penny. Dishes are delicate and beautifully presented. Service very polite. The only little downside is perhaps the decor. Very minimalistic and not to my liking as such. But that is no issue at all because the focus is on the treats on your plate. I had the best rabbit (tender and succulant) in my life and the vegetable purees were simply heaven.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Il Gzira, Malta
“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Spent a lovely evening at this restaurant and really enjoyed the food and excelent service. The place was quite. The sevice was very good. The person serving us explained in a clear manner what was available as speciality. The food was cooked to perfection. Will definetly visit this restaurant again. My suggestion to anyone who intends to go to this restaurant, place a reservation before visiting so that you are not disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Very Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I visited The Kitchen on the recommendation of my friend, who dined with me. The kitchen is a fairly bland small dining room in a terraced house, I was .... surprised. I don't know what I expect when I walk into a restaurant, but this was underwhelming.

The entire place seems to be run by just 4 people - yet the food, drinks and service are unbelieveable. Our server never wrote anything down, she just remembered it all perfectly. The steak was one of the best, the drinks were innovative (interesting cocktails) and the overall experience was excellent.

I would recommend this place to food lovers - it's simply great food.

• Visited February 2012