I took a short break in Malta from 25th Feb to 1st March 2014 and stayed at 115 The Strand Hotel Sliema.
The Hotel is very well situated with the Med. just across the street from the Hotel entrance which allows you to walk safely in any direction.
The Hotel room was neither large or small but was very clean with comfortable beds and a flat screen tv. BUT it was mostly a PAY TV system (BBC news was free) The bathroom was also very well cleaned but not well maintained -- there were 3 light bulbs above the mirror 1 was on 2 were out when this was pointed out to the chamber maid she said she would report it (nothing happened) I went to the desk and reported it the receptionist noted it in her book but nothing was done the bulbs were NOT replaced during my 5 night stay.
The worst aspect of this hotel is the dining room especially at breakfast its chaos not a great selection of food queues at every station lack of basic equipment -- spoons knives forks plates etc etc.
The worst thing about it was the Tea / Coffee machine which seemed to always be breaking down or if working poured the water out past the cup on one side and the milk out past the other side. By trying to move the cup you might have got half a cup of tea and to try to fill it up again you had to repeat the process which caused a queue and with little space everything else was affected -- Orange juice Water cups etc etc all in a small space.
In my opinion this is a BUDGET hotel with upgrading of floor 5 in progress which meant workmen chipping walls at 7-30 in the morning and workmen with wheelbarrows in the lifts trying to move floor tiles ect from ground floor up to floor 5 and with lifts that only held 4 people at a time it was awful during peak periods
One redeeming factor was the 8th floor breakfast room had an outside eating area with a great view out over the harbour
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Aparthotel offers self-catering apartments and hotel rooms on the Sliema waterfront at Marsamxett harbour, with spectacular views of Valletta. A regular bus service to Valletta and other landmarks stops just outside the 115 The Strand Aparthotel. The ferry stop is also nearby. On The Strand's panoramic top floor you will find terrace, a swimspa and a restaurant with bar. The Strand also offers an indoor/outdoor bar that is most of the day. Limited WIFI is available at the 115 The Strand Aparthotel Lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HostelWorld, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your 115 The Strand Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 115 The Strand Aparthotel Hotel Il Gzira
- 115 The Strand Sliema
- 115 The Strand Hotel Sliema
- 115 The Strand Aparthotel Malta/Sliema