Well let me start by saying I was somewhat worried after booking this hotel due to the reviews but i do look on it as the majority of people that complain expect 5 star luxury when they are paying next to nothing per night!
Location - the hotel is right on the harbor side with stunning views of Valletta. It has a huge amount of restaurants (for all price ranges) within easy walking distance. The buses are great and it is extremely easy to get around the island with buses outside the hotel going in to Valletta bus station in about 10-12 minutes. It is also about a 10 minute walk from the biggest shopping mall in Malta. So for location we thought it was great and one of the nicest areas we saw (and we travalled around the island a lot)
Amenities - It has a large hot tub on the roof comfortably seating 6 but never saw more than 4 people in it whenever we went up there. There are about 10-12 tables on the roof also and a glass front for viewing the harbor. The restaurant is on the top floor also which serves buffet style breakfast and dinner but we did not eat as went self catering.
There are 2 lifts in the hotel which are used a lot as it has 8 floors.
Room - Our room was on the 7th floor (room 707) and we found it absolutely fine. we opted for the self catering room which had a fridge, 2 hobs, kettle, toaster, cutlery, plates, a few pots and pans (all of which were clean on arrival) 2 single beds pushed together. Table with 2 chairs and a 2 seater sofa. It had a good sized bathroom with shower/bath and 2 sinks. Water pressure was good and plenty of towels. There was plenty of light and sliding doors to let the breeze in.
Beds comfy and extra big pillows in the wardrobe. TV channels were limited but you can pay per day for 10 other channels at 7E.
We did not have any trouble sleeping at night. I think we were either lucky or tired from all the sightseeing as everyone seems to have moaned about the noise. The hotel was also fully booked. There were some groups of teenagers on lower floors but it was a full hotel and people are to be expected. The only noise we had was on Friday night there was a lot of fireworks going off for some kind of festival.
all in all we had a great stay here and would definitely go back if we were in Malta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Aparthotel offers self-catering apartments and hotel rooms on the Sliema waterfront at Marsamxett harbour, with spectacular views of Valletta. A regular bus service to Valletta and other landmarks stops just outside the 115 The Strand Aparthotel. The ferry stop is also nearby. On The Strand's panoramic top floor you will find terrace, a swimspa and a restaurant with bar. The Strand also offers an indoor/outdoor bar that is most of the day. Limited WIFI is available at the 115 The Strand Aparthotel Lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your 115 The Strand Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 115 The Strand Aparthotel Hotel Il Gzira
- 115 The Strand Sliema
- 115 The Strand Hotel Sliema
- 115 The Strand Aparthotel Malta/Sliema