I went to Malta without expectations but assuming that an EU country in the middle of summer season (July 2008) would be at least good for the price we have paid via online booking. Then it came a very disappointing surprise. Very impolite front desk personnel, 3 star hotel where the third star is definitely not deserved, extremely untidy rooms, and low level of cleaning service throughout the entire stay in the hotel, mold in shower cabin and single air conditioning device from early 80's, loud and very inefficient considering the outside temperatures. Come on, invest 200 EUR per air-conditioning device and clean the rooms properly... this is the minimum you can do for your guests...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Aparthotel offers self-catering apartments and hotel rooms on the Sliema waterfront at Marsamxett harbour, with spectacular views of Valletta. A regular bus service to Valletta and other landmarks stops just outside the 115 The Strand Aparthotel. The ferry stop is also nearby. On The Strand's panoramic top floor you will find terrace, a swimspa and a restaurant with bar. The Strand also offers an indoor/outdoor bar that is most of the day. Limited WIFI is available at the 115 The Strand Aparthotel Lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your 115 The Strand Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 115 The Strand Aparthotel Hotel Il Gzira
- 115 The Strand Sliema
- 115 The Strand Hotel Sliema
- 115 The Strand Aparthotel Malta/Sliema