Initial feelings of the hotel were instantly dampened by staff on the front desk who were far too rude and obtuse. No smile, bossy, sarcastic and smirking are not key skills necessary for customer service - this needs sorting.
Good value for money - twin room was spacious with a lovely view of the harbour/bay. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean and had a good shower. Air conditioning was very loud but effective.
Had to pay a deposit for a hairdryer, iron and remote control. We had to pay for Wifi (1 charge for each device).
The 'sun terrace' on the 7th floor, and swimming pool, was great and enjoyed having that to use.
Gym was basic but had a few bits of equipment.
Location of Bayview Hotel was great - near good public transport links (buses) and bars and restaurants.
It was good as a base. Shame about the reception staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Hotel is situated in the Promenade area of Sliema close to bars, restaurants, shopping area, nightlife and historic events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bayview Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Hotel And Apartments
- Bayview Hotel Sliema
- Bayview Hotel & Apartments Malta/Sliema
- Hotel Bayview Sliema
- Bayview Hotel Malta