“Well-kept and cosy in combination with a great team - Watercolours dive centre, Malta.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Watercolours Dive Centre

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 26 Activities in Sliema
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We run PADI Certified Scuba Diving Courses, accompanied scuba dives & scuba diving packages for groups, diving clubs & the individual diver all throughout the year. We organise frequent scuba diving trips to Comino & Gozo. We also offer Nitrox & Technical Diving Support. We also offer boat dives & boat trips around the Maltese Islands. We are importers of Cressi Sub, Hollis, Oceanic & other leading diving brands. Watercolours Dive Centre is run by two local boys with over 20 years of local diving experience & a 100% safety record. "Come & have a bubble with us & rest assured an unforgettable experience"
Feusisberg, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Hi there,

I was diving in malta many times during my three month stay there (Sept. - Nov.) to many diffrent spots with diffrent friends but finally only with one Center. I truly reccomend this dive center to anyone who is diving for the first time (funny and professional Instruktors) as well as to any experianced diver (they can show you every hidden surprise).

The equipment is good and reliable, they offer what ever/where ever you would like to do if its possible to a fair price and the most important - the have a great and very well versed team.

Enjoy your stay in malta and certeinly big bubbles no troubles!

ps: I highly reccomend the Gozo dive trip - it s a marvelous underwater world there!

Visited September 2013

London
“Best weekend ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just spent a long weekend wreck diving with Watercolours and everything you read about them is true! Great location, friendly people and fantastic diving make for an exceptional experience. Loved every minute of it and can't wait to go back...

Visited November 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Great scuba diving centre with brilliant instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Jason and Alejandro the two instructor I was diving with and been thought through the course. they were extremely patient if I did something wrong they took their time to show me again or let me try it until I have done it right or understood the purpose of the exercise. they made sure you are enjoying what you do and not stressing /after all you are under water/ they managed to combine both fun part and the seriousness of your act. it was very motivating of their approach to protect the sea life! no question of their professionalism or friendliness / on an occasion our dive was away from the center to see a shipwreck actually that was my deep dive..;-) at the end of the dive which was perfect. Water is crystal clear!!! at 26m!!! when we were drying under the sun Jason disappeared and a few minutes later turn up with some frozen treats... exactly what we needed at the time sitting in the burning sun after coming from the deep..;-)
But First thing first ; Big thanks for Jason the owner of Watercolours Dive Centre and all his crew!
I was flirting with the idea of scuba diving for awhile but it is a bit pricey in Ireland /around €600 for an open water course/ . My friend moved over to Malta a few months ago, so I decided to look around if I could find some scuba course over there and I was shocked about the packages been offered. I booked flight immediately cost around €180, and find the Watercolours Dive Centre on the net saying "advanced open water" course 400 plus books & exam fees an additional 80. it would cost around €860 in Ireland. so I called Watercolours Dive Centre and asked them if they can accommodate me on certain days as I am staying only 9 days in Malta and I am eager to finish this course. Jason clearly explained how it will happened, and also highlighted the fact it he can't guarantee as I have to be comfortable and confident before each step /safety first/. I was happy with this as it showed they are responsible. We scheduled the first date to start my course. I did not managed to get there in time 'cause we had a few drinks night before...I arrived 2pm instead of 10am /yes I called in I will be late/ Jason was very understanding said I am on my holiday so no pressure what so ever. so we went through the theory of open water / watching videos and reading books. /a bit boring but necessary stuff when you want to try scuba. I also had time to look around the dive centre. the Watercolours Dive Centre at the very entrance of that complex basically at the gate, you can't miss it, all the scuba gears hanging around. the complex has a restaurant and 3 swimming pools, deep enough to practice your first moves in a safe environment There is also access to sea directly if you just want to snorkeling. The fee to entry the complex I think around €10 can't be sure 'cause it is free for Watercolours Dive Centre "students". after showing my understanding of the theory part, we had scheduled my first diving experience the following day at 10am. I was there in time.;-) we went through slowly what is going to happened. I was very excited and a bit scared. but Jason professionalism and calmness helped me to relax and take the step without no problem. as the sea was very quiet we have jump to the sea instead of pool / it was like a pool at the sea very shallow and safe. everything went smooth I had to take of my goggles feel the water also relaxed my muscle in the water, this all happened floating on the surface. when I was comfortable we headed under water have to say I have seen a lot of fish the very first time, Jason and all the divers really take care of the environment, helping wildlife to bloom around. I just realized wrote a lot already it shows what a great time I had! but try to cut it short now.
if you ever planning to go to Malta for scuba contact Jason at Watercolours Dive Centre
it will be the best guidance you can get either a tour as experienced diver or a newbie just like me!

Thanks again Jason

wishing clear water all your dives

Attila

Visited June 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“The only place to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This place was fantastic! Easy to organise with Jason, great value, amazing location beside the dive spots and one on one refresher after not being in the water for a while. Recommend 100%! Cheers guys

Visited September 2013
Paris, France
“Great day! Friendly and relaxing + saw my first wreck :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I like this club very much. The athmosphere is quite friendly and relaxing. We made two dives around 30 meters deep each. We visited the wreck Um El Faroud. It was my first wreck and it was really impressive. Since I consume a lot of air (I do not dive very often), the instructor gave me a big tank for the second dive. I enjoyed the day very much.

Visited October 2013