“Friendly Reception” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Hotel

Save Saved
You added Windsor Hotel to your Saves list
Windsor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Windsor Terrace, Sliema, Island of Malta SLM 3010, Malta   |
Ranked #24 of 33 hotels in Sliema
2eyetrail
“Friendly Reception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

Stayed for 1 night with 2 young children and grandparents. Reception were very friendly, did us a deal on 2 rooms. Rooms were adequate, clean but we wouldn't open balcony as didn't feel it was safe for our 2 year old as he could have fitted through the bars. Same for roof pool, felt that the railings should be covered in for safety. Hot tub was cold and didn't work well. Gym was pretty good but small. We all thought the buffet breakfast and evening meal were great and service was good. Overall we were happy with booking at this hotel. If you just want a place to sleep that is clean and friendly, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
Brit Lincs.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Food was mediocre at best. Cooked breakfast was poor no variety of cooked eggs only scrambled?? . Dinner was a joke food poorly presented and lacking in flavour. Lounge bar rarely staffed, no facilities in room for making tea/coffee etc. When we arrived at 4am just asked to fill in form given key to room and directed to lifts!! hardly welcoming.Pool ok, located on roof but sun shades !! or drinks unless you took your own up with you.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

After being away from traveling for 2 years, this was our first trip with the little one tagging along. We had a late check in and as soon as we went to the reception desk the guy behind the desk realised that we were a bit exhausted. He immediately offered us a drink. That was a surprise for us!

The rooms are scrupulously clean, and very comfortable. However, we found out a few minutes later one of the electric sockets did not work. Maitenance personel were called and one guy came in the room within minutes of the complaint. Took him a few seconds to figure out what was wrong and manage to correct the issue. This confirms that the hotel is maintained properly and efficiently.

The buffet breakfast was very good. All the staff of the hotel are more than helpful, everything is taken care of with a smile.

Location is the seller of the hotel. It is very central with many restaurants close by, as well as, of course, shopping. Also a great walk along the seafront.

The missus and myself have agreed that The Windsor Hotel will be our preferable place of stay when we're again in the beautiful island of Malta.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Spent 5 nights at The Windsor. Services is fantastic from reception to cleaners, waiters and staff. Room is spacious and immaculately clean. The buffet breakfast set us up nicely for the day. Also it's location means you are never far away.

The amount we paid was worth every penny. The hotel was even good enough to let us use the indoor pool after we had checked out.

Can't recommend highly enough. We will be back at The Windsor Hotel

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

To be honest we had double thinking whether we should stay at The Windsor Hotel after reading certain comments about this hotel. But I would like to express my appreciation to the management and staff of The Windsor Hotel for the excellent running of the hotel.

As soon as we entered the hotel the front office manager Theresa was so welcoming and helpful. I must stay that every single day the front office staff were always treating us very warmly. I must also say this for the restaurant staff. The breakfast was excellent. We never had dinner at the hotel because we were booked on bed and breakfast basis.

Although the rooms were not seafront, they were impeccably clean and sheets are changed on daily basis.

Last but not least I would like to express my satisfaction because we were offiered and fantastic rate and I sincerely do not hesitat recommend this hotel.

The last final appeal to certain customers - PLEASE BE FAIR WITH YOUR COMMENTS!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I travelled to Malta between May 8th and the 28th, therefore a stay of 19 nights.  Admittedly, the reviews scared me prior to going, but I thought I would check it out for myself.  The only semi-negative aspect that I could find, which to me was absolutely insignificant, was that the hotel could use some updating.  I had a fantastic stay and for a real bargain, I might add.  I got to stay in the trendy area of Sliema for a fraction of the price I would have paid at any other hotel in the area.  One little walk down a local street and there I was at the promenade staring at the beautiful Mediterranean Sea and the flat white rocks below.  The staff were friendly, very well versed and made me feel entirely welcome.  My room was always kept impeccably clean and I slept well, every single night.  It was a place where I could safely lay my head, have a little breakfast in the morning and then off for my daily adventures in Malta.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Strasbourg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

As a maltese working abroad I visit Malta often and this is the worst hotel I have ever been in my life! Almost ashamed to be Maltese! Dull breakfast, 10 days eating the same thing, an awful "orange juice" , the staff fighting and swearing, unlucky for me to be maltese cause I could understand everything! Avoid room 116, dirty, old, furniture falling apart and broken down bathroom. Luckily I was home cause i used the hotel only for sleeping..... Please avoid it at all costs and my God, do not call this hotel a 4 Star..what a joke !

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Windsor Hotel? Share your experiences!