“Mother in law had six lovely weeks here.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Hotel

You added Windsor Hotel to your Saves list
Windsor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Windsor Terrace, Sliema, Island of Malta SLM 3010, Malta   |
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Sliema
SouthWales
“Mother in law had six lovely weeks here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have the pleasure of writing this review for my mother in law, who stayed here for six weeks in May/Jun. Accompanied by her sister they had a wonderful holiday. I have heard all good about this hotel from them. Although the hotel is basic it was what they expected for their budget. I've been told it's clean, in a good location and the staff were lovely.
My mother in law June, would particularly like me to mention Rita their housekeeper who they said was wonderful. They enjoyed seeing her & chatting to her every day.
June is looking forward to another 4 weeks stay here, which she has just booked for Dec to include Christmas & New Year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Found this hotel great, location is walking distance to the shopping center. After reading a few comments, I was not sure whether I should stay at this hotel.

I was very surprised as soon as I opened my room on the 5th floor. All rooms where refurbished. New bathrooms with fantastic new furniture. I would say I had a room which I compare or even much better than a room I was accomodated in a five star hotel in Rome. The beds are very comfortable with perfect mattresses. i had a nice spacious room. Even other guests spoke very highly of their accommodation.

Very good good breakfast. They have a great buffett with a good slection. The hotel is being renovated, but it never really caused any issue.

Staff was very helpful and quick check-in and check out together with the restaurant and housekeeping staff.

I highly recommend The WIndsor Hotel and i will be back shortly on my next business trip to the beautiful island of Malta.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Largs, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

poor all round bathroom flooded as shower curtain too short asked them to sort it on friday
no response had to alter it myself air con not very good and when on was like someone running round the room on scooter with a faulty exhaust room very small if any one was sitting
at desk if you wanted to pass you had to clamber over the beds poor facilities all round,small tele with very limited channel options view from room was of rear of block of flats about 10 metres away and v/ugly stained carpet poor decor poor finishes on woodwork and windows
lift very eratic if working at all dining room out of hotel and along the road 25 metres food very limited choice at breakfast bacon was strips of fat with lines of bacon eve meal tho limited was fairlly good cleaner was knocking on door one morning at 08 10 and when we went out at 0820 she was standing outside the room none to pleased looking lot of building work next door and on the street with fumes from the crane lorry getting into the dining hall
reception staff good english if you are not complaining about anything but it hits the buffers if you have a gripe and chances are you wiil This place should be avoided it is certainly not
as advertised a 4 STAR even by local standards now this is only is only my opinion others may
find it ok you pay your money and take your chance but why take chances really there must be dozens of better options in malta cheers Dennis & Helen from Largs

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

firstly let me say that I have stayed twice in this hotel, this was not through choice it was booked on my behalf, my first stay was not to bad, I had read all the reviews on trip advisor and decided to go with an open mind, the room which I was given was ok, fairly large, the décor is old and is in need of updating, the views from the balcony were not good you get to overlook the main street, the location of the hotel is great you are quite close to all the facilities.
the noise levels in this hotel is second to none, if you are not woke by the groups of young people who looked like students who have little or no regard for anyone else staying in this hotel then it is the building work which starts each morning at 6.30am.
my second stay was in a word awful, my room was dark, dingy and dirty, after checking out my bathroom I noticed what can only be describe as duct tape along the bottom of my bath, when trying to get the shower to work it would not, this was notified to reception who fixed the shower and removed the duct tape and replaced it with two strips of non slip tape as apparently that is what a lot of clients have been asked for, may I say at this point the tape was there in the first place to cover up a rusty patch, the toilet seat was not on straight, there were cracks all around the bathroom sink, on my first morning after having to wash my hair in the sink, I plugged in my GHD's and the plug fused them, guys this will not mean much to you but the girls out there who read this will know a week without GHD's is not funny, the other plug in the room would not allow the plug to be fully inserted into it.
there is free wi fi in the hotel lobby, if you are comfortable sitting with all the young lads then that's fine, however I was actually there to work and needed wifi in my room, you are able to pay for cards, I paid 15E for a 5 day card, which I hasten to add did not work, this was also reported to hotel management and I was told that he would personally ring the supplier and let them know, that's great but not really a solution to my problem as I was without a decent internet connection through out my stay.
let me also say that you would not want to sit out on the balcony, you have no view apart from the back of other hotels room, located next to my room was pipes which was not a good look, again the noise levels were terrible.
after arriving on the Monday all my concerns were raised directly to hotel management on Tuesday morning and granted the bath and shower were fixed but the other issues were not.
the rooms are "Cleaned" every day, I think that their idea of cleaning and mine are totally different, the bins are not emptied, I had to kill a cockroach and placed it under an ashtray, this ashtray and the dead cockroach were left for over 4 days and still there when I vacated the room.
I have given this hotel 1 star as I am unable to give it anything less, if you want a nice relaxing holiday this is not the hotel I would suggest that you book

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hi Jo,

We thank for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at The Windsor Hotel and can assure that we welcome comments made by clients which help us improve the service provided to our clients

I feel though that the following comments are appropriate:

The hotel has started a refurbishment programme and will shortly have one floor which will be finished.

All hotels host clients of various ages, race and religious beliefs. Unfortunately some clients might not keep in mind that other guests are staying at the Hotel and this is beyond our control.

I beg to differ with your description of the room you were allocated. The room has a balcony to the back of the hotel. Since the hotel is situated in a residential area, the back rooms overlook residential property and not other hotel rooms. These properties are approximately 20 meters from the back of the hotel.

Since as stated above the hotel is situated in a residential our trucks or cranes arrive in the vicinity of the hotel unannounced to deliver finishing material. This unfortunately is beyond the control of the Hotel.

As you rightly state, the hotel does provide free WIFI in the lobby and bar and internet against payment in the other areas. I can assure that we did raise your complaint regarding your problems with our WIFI provider. We were reassured that the system was working to its optimum and can confirm that we had no other such complaints from other guests in the hotel, some of whom have been staying with us for over four weeks.

Although one of the sockets in your room had to be replaced we the did check the socket that you claim blew your GDH and found that there were no faults with it. It is fair to point out that the room is equipped with another three sockets.
We would have been greatful if you had given us the opportunity to rectify the position of your toilet seat if you had not been happy with it.

I thank you once again for your comments.

Kind regards,
Braunschweig, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here in October 2012. The first room was dirty, mould everywhere. Hairs on the floor. Bed with dirty spots. We got another room which was better, but far from good. Broken furniture, aircon was only partly working. The breakfast was simply bad, dinner we took only once. No service und unwilling personall.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guests,

I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your room and services at The Windsor Hotel during your stay in October. I would have prefered if you had contacted us earlier as this would have enabled us to investigate the deficiences mentioned in your review.

We do appreciate feedback from our clients and can assure you that we are continously striving to improve our services.

Should you wish to contact me to discuss the matter further please feel free to contact me by email on cburgess@windsorhotelmalta.com.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We chose this hotel due to good reviews for Vegetarian food. As a vegan they were happy to extend the choice in the veggie menu and I ate well-cooked, and attractively presented food at each meal. THe staff were friendly and helpful, and I was given special star treatment in the restaurant. Other diners watched with interest as my dinner arrived. The breakfasts were fresh with lots of choice.The hotel was clean and comfortable, though in need of updating. Good gym equipment. Well worth a visit.
Fiona.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fionna,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Windsor Hotel and take this opportunity to thank you for your lovely comments.

The Management and Staff are committed to ensuring guest satisfaction and I will pass on your praises to all the members of staff.

I would like to point out that the hotel has started a refurbishment program and we should have 1 floor completely finished in a couple of weeks.

Thank you once again and we hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just got back from a week stay at the Windsor Hotel Sliema.
So glad we ignored the bad reviews. We didn't go to this beautiful Island to sit in a room. We found the staff to be friendly & helpful with lots of hints & tips room was clean the shower was excellent clean towels comfy mattress food was good served with a smile by very attentive staff. Lift worked every time. Mixed with people staying in hotel all of the same opinion. The whole Island is under some sort of construction yet we slept peacefully Please have an open mind & give them a chance. We loved the whole experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at The Windsor Hotel and we greatly appreciate your lovely comments which I will definately pass to all concerned.

The Management team and Staff are committed to providing a relaxing and enjoyable stay for our guests and we continously strive to improve our services.

Please note that the hotel is presently refurbishing the rooms on 1 floor and these should be finished in a couple of weeks.

We hope you will revisit the hotel in the near future.

Carol Burgess

Been to Windsor Hotel? Share your experiences!