We have just returned from an 11 night stay on Half Board at the Waterfront hotel. We chose it because of the very high proportion of excellent/good reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. The Waterfront is the nicest hotel we have EVER stayed at. The location of the hotel was perfect for us being close to ferries and the main Sliema bus stops. The views over the harbour towards Valletta are stunning; we had paid extra for a sea view room and were allocated one on the seventh floor. A friend chose a cheaper non sea view room; an excellent room but with no view – your choice. Cleanliness and room comfort were first class; some fittings are a little 'tired' (the TV is not flat screen as has been pointed out in previous reviews but that was not a concern to us – it worked perfectly and reception on all channels was good). The room had very efficient air conditioning (the weather was excellent / we used sun cream every day) and towels of perfectly good quality were changed when we wanted them changed. A decent sized fridge and a safe are provided free of charge. The Waterfront catering is excellent; there was plenty of choice. Breakfast choice included cereals, fruit, yoghurt, continental breakfast items and of course the 'English cooked breakfast'. Fried and boiled eggs, wonderful back bacon (not fatty streaky bacon as at some hotels), chicken and pork sausages and really lovely cooked tomatoes – I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfasts. Evening meals were also of very high standard with lots of choice. The local wine and mineral water is reasonably priced and because of the fair pricing policy we enjoyed the local wine with each evening meal (Euro 6.85 a bottle). We thought the food provided at the Waterfront was excellent. The Waterfront has a lot going for it but its biggest asset is its staff – they were truly wonderful - just so helpful. The reception staff can be very busy but at all times we were treated in a genuinely friendly helpful manner in all our dealings with them. The dining room staff at breakfast and evening meal worked so hard and really provided excellent friendly customer service – we thought them lovely. The hotel management can be proud of their staff – they are a real asset. This was our first visit to Malta; we had an excellent holiday and the Waterfront Hotel and its staff exceeded all our expectations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a prime location along the Sliema seafront promenade, this new hotel has been developed to the highest standards of comfort and hygiene. Its location provides spectacular views of the Valletta harbour. This 4-star 116-roomed property features two restaurants, a lobby bar, a roof-top swimming pool with snack bar and a guest lounge. Each of the rooms is excellently finished, and features a balcony, an en suite bathroom, mini-bar, guest safe and air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema