My boyfriend and I stayed at The Waterfront in July. Check in was smooth and we were helped up to our room. TIP// when booking ensure you ask for a sea view and a high floor. We did and it made all the difference as the rooms at the back of the Hotel had no view at all.
The rooms are quite spacious and have plenty of storage space. The balcony is quite small but does the job. In terms of furniture, the basics were there and the room was clean. The bathroom too was very clean and had a shower over the bath. Not luxuary but what we expected for a Malta 4*.
The service was good and all the staff we met were friendly and helpful. The pool is on the small side but was quiet for the whole week so not a problem. There is a pool snack bar which is reasonably priced and serves burgers and sandwhiches etc which were really nice. We ate in the Hotel restaurant Basilico twice for dinner and again it was very reasonably priced and good food. It was very quite and lacked atmosphere though which was a shame. We were B&B but only had breakfast once as we arent really early risers - the food was OK.
The location of the Hotel is good, it is on the main road by the sea and just a short walk from Sliema which has lots of restaurants and shops etc. If you like clubbing then definately go into St Julians which is about a 10min taxi ride away and has loads of bars and clubs open until the early hours.
All in all The Waterfront was a very nice Hotel, it wasnt perfect but was what i expected a 4* Hotel in Malta to be. We would definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a prime location along the Sliema seafront promenade, this new hotel has been developed to the highest standards of comfort and hygiene. Its location provides spectacular views of the Valletta harbour. This 4-star 116-roomed property features two restaurants, a lobby bar, a roof-top swimming pool with snack bar and a guest lounge. Each of the rooms is excellently finished, and features a balcony, an en suite bathroom, mini-bar, guest safe and air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema