“Smart” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 4 nights and get 10%
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Sliema
“Smart”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

It's really good hotel. Very clear and nice rooms with beautiful view. Service is very pleasure. Atmosphere is relaxing. Lodging of this hotel is also so comfortable, beach and centre isn't so far and transport is available.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Charmaine C, Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and kind comments. We are glad that we have been able to make your stay a very enjoyable one

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever require any assistance

Char

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights (29 July - 5 August), on a half board basis and were not disappointed. Spotlessly clean with polite, attentive & helpful staff. The only slight criticism is that I have had a better food choice for evening dinner in other 4* hotels, however that said the food was very good.

The hotel is in a good location within easy walking distance to bus stops and also the ferry to Valetta. Plenty of café bars and little shops also within the immediate vicinity.

The acid test within any review is to whether or not you would return & we would certainly go back to this establishment.

Jim, Dundee.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors as the main road can be busy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you fro your review and feedback. I was happy to read that you will choose our hotel as your accommodation for your next visit. For us that is a huge compliment

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you ever require any assistance

We are looking forward to welcoming you back

Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

So my girlfriend and I went to Malta for our first holiday alone (30/07/2014 - 06/08/2014). The hotel we chose was definitely the right choice. We got a frontal seaview room and man, what a view! Furthermore the room was clean and large enough. Although we asked for a room with a two-person bed, we got one with two singles, but we pushed them together. When they cleaned the room they weren't moved back. The room was thoroughly cleaned every day so I have no complaints. This one time they forgot to put fresh hand towels though, but I asked the cleaning lady and she immediately gave me some.

The Maltese are extremely friendly and will always help and greet you. Moreover the receptionists were always friendly and helpful. We got some problems with my keycard because my girlfriend had put it together with her cellphone. I asked to fix it like three times before I figured out it was the cellphone that caused the problem and they fixed it every time.

We got half-board, so both breakfast and dinner. And man, it was great. Although the breakfast pretty much stayed the same during our stay, it stayed delicious. You've got different sortes of bread, all sorts of English breakfast (I'm thinking sausages, beans, ...), different kinds of eggs (scrambled, boiled, ...), some pasteries (croissants etc.) and so much more. At dinner you also got different kinds of starters, main courses, desserts. Plus, the menu changes every day, so every day you've got something else. For me, it was delicious! It's kind of a mixture between Arabic (e.g. risotto) and Italian (e.g. canneloni) food. You also got normal kinds of meat though. We got lamb, turkey, porc etc. The dessert in particular was great; pie, ice cream, fruit, cheese and more.

Furthermore there's free wifi in the hotel that works fine and there are different spots you can go shopping if you'd like to. 'The Point' is the greatest shopping mall in Malta and is about 2 km away from the hotel. Not far from the Point you can go swimming in the sea, which is also great. The water is very clear and you can swim between the fish. So it's definitely worth it to bring your goggles and a snorkel.

There are two things that were a bit disappointing about the hotel:
1) The pool is not that large, but don't get me wrong, it isn't small either. It's just good. There are almost no little children around, so you can enjoy the occasional swim. The pool is on the roof, so it can get quite windy up there. If it's not too much, that's no disadvantage, because it's really hot in Malta. The weather is great there.
2) There was some kind of fair going on in the evening and night, which was quite noisy. This was a little downside, since we had a frontal seaview room. But when you visit and see so much of Malta like we did, you're pretty tired so the noise didn't bother us. I need to point out that this probably isn't going on all year long, so that probably isn't always a problem.

Lastly, Malta is a very, very beautiful country. So if you're still having doubts after all this, you should stop it. I study history, so for me, it was heaven. In Valletta you've got the Grandmaster's Palace (with the armouries and the state rooms), the St.-John's Cathedral, Fort St.-Elmo and more. Also, you've got like 360 churches in Malta and every day they celebrate one of them. Fireworks and fanfares everywhere. Furthermore you can do a sightseeing tour in Malta (you've got different routes), a harbour cruise around the Valletta area, a cruise around Malta, a trip to Gozo or Comino (Blue Lagoon).

So overall, I'm really happy and content about my trip to Malta and the Waterfront Hotel. It's certainly worth the four stars. My girlfriend and I had a really wonderful time. I hope this can convince you to book at the Waterfront Hotel, if you're still doubting. I loved it.

Room Tip: You can enjoy the view at its best when you choose the frontal seaview room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Charmaine C, Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much!. Your kind comments have been shared with our Executive Chef and his team and all the other team members who all join me in thanking you.

Such encouraging and complimentary comments are greatly appreciated! We are looking forward in welcoming you back.

north
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the last week In July and will most certainly return.
We believe that 1st impressions are very important and the front of house staff and receptionists made us feel more than welcome upon arrival.
The hotel was warm welcoming and immaculately presented and again this did not go unnoticed.
The house keeping service was also remarkably good, with lovely clean towels and bedding changed regularly we feel that we were very well looked after.
The breakfasts were also good and the staff did not hesitate to offer me a vegetarian option for the cooked food and again this was another example of excellent service. Nothing was too much bother for any member of staff that we spoke to.
We look for many things in the hotels that we stay in as we travel quite a lot. Mainly; standard of room & service, breakfasts & general food, welcome on arrival, friendliness and helpfulness and location, The waterfront has ticked all those boxes and I can't wait to come back and see you all. I have already provisionally booked some holiday dates for December and again in January! We booked a sea view room, I am unsure what the other rooms are like or the view but in our opinion the small charge you pay for a sea view room is most certainly money well spent.
There are many restaurants and cafés along the strand where the hotel is situated and although most are quite nice, there are others up side streets and further round the bay that are in our opinion far better. We really love Malta and find both island and the Maltese people absolutely wonderful. Favourite places to visit are; Rabat and Mdina (silent city) & Marsalokk, we ate in Marsalokk and the seafood platters along the harbour are incredible! Mdina was not as we usually experience it as there were a lot of school children running around so possibly try and visit it at night when they are hopefully all tucked up in bed! All in all a fab holiday on a beautiful Island in a great hotel! Say hi to Marvic if you stay at this hotel she is a star :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review regarding your recent stay with us at The Waterfront Hotel. I am delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Your return to our hotel is testimony in itself of the services and products we offer. Our team does take great pride in delivering and I completely agree with you, Marvic is a Star and like all Team Members have the right attitude and approach towards our guests.

Thank you once again for your review and kind comments

We look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I`m really glad I`ve chosen this hotel. Good location, comfortable room, a lot of bars inside and outside hotel. Nice and open swimming pool on the roof (not very big, but big enough), no crowd there.
Breakfast ok ( a lot of strange English food :) but still more eatable stuff available.

Noisy traffic, but it is on the main street, so no suprise and you can always shut the window.
You still have amazing view. I expect rooms at the back (inland view) have no view at all.
Take your own power adaptor.
Making the room is not always perfect, but no real problem.
WIFI is a bit strange, you are in the range always and everythere, but with no real acces to internet. quite regular acces in the lobby, sometimes on the roof, and only once in the room (on the first day and never again). No idea how it is set and configured. By Outlook on laptop I get all incoming emails and not been able to sent a single one. You have to use other ways - be prepared.
All mentioned just to make others fully informed. Still consider my stay the very nice, comfortable and I really recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Take the front sea view rooms, definitely!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback. These are greatly appreciated

We are looking forward to welcoming you back

Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We've just returned from a two week stay. The hotel and in general the staff was superb. My wife has reduced mobility and the staff went out of their way to provide assistance and ensure that we were comfortable. We had room 616 which has an excellent views and very quiet, not even the 'festa' explosions disturbed us. The room A/C broke down on Saturday evening, the staff very quickly provided us with a fan and a temporary room while the A/C was repaired on Monday morning. The hotel caters well for the disabled, but there is some room for improvement.Garage space is available if one hires a car. The food is good at breakfast and the main restaurant, as is that at the adjoining cafe. There is a small but excellent bathing pool on the roof with it's own bar, supply of towels etc. The Fri/Sat night B-B-Q on the roof was good and inexpensive. Will definately go back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on the south east side are quieter and bright. e.g. 616 looks out towards the exit of S...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Waterfront Hotel and also for your review. It is a pleasure to read that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. All of us are looking forward to welcoming you back
Please do not hesitate to contact me when planning your next visit

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

we have just got back from a weeks stay at the waterfront hotel ,sliema.the hotel exceeded expectations . the room ,611, was superb high at the front of the hotel with panoramic views and reasonably quiet at night.the staff are super helpful and the reception staff in particular go that one step further to help.the breakfast buffet was very good and both resteraunts had plenty of choice and reasonably priced.we look forward to a re visit as soon as we can.

Room Tip: higher the better for lower noise levels
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Waterfront Hotel and thank you for your kind review and comments

Char

Been to The Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!