After reading previous reviews before booking with Chevron Travel we asked for a sea view high room but were told that they wereall booked so we settled for a high floor room. On arrival we were pleasantly suprised to find that we were on a high floor (7th Floor) but we also had a sea view room.The room was clean and spacious with all the facilities that you could need (NO Kettle if you like to have a cuppa). Breakfast was buffet affair with a good choice of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, cold meats and salads plus a selection of cooked 'english style' breakfast foods. All the food was fine but if you were there more than a week it may be repettive BUT ask yourself - what do you eat at home every day for breakfast before complaining - it was fine.
The roof top pool on floor 8 was clean with plenty of beds and shades although the shades are a bit worn but functional. The bar staff were plesant and you can get food from the Basilico restaurant or Star Cafe served at your bed. They also have a good selection of drinks and the views over Valetta are stunning.
We ate in the hotel a couple of times and only had one complaint which was dealt with immiediatly by the staff who were pleasant and removed the food from the bill (They were very busy and I think we were overlooked - we waited a long time and the food was cold) We could not ask for more.
Only minor downside, the internet is not free and is expensive.
We would definatley return and use this hotel again and would have no problem in recommending it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a prime location along the Sliema seafront promenade, this new hotel has been developed to the highest standards of comfort and hygiene. Its location provides spectacular views of the Valletta harbour. This 4-star 116-roomed property features two restaurants, a lobby bar, a roof-top swimming pool with snack bar and a guest lounge. Each of the rooms is excellently finished, and features a balcony, an en suite bathroom, mini-bar, guest safe and air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema