“Too self important” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London
“Too self important”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

What an interesting place to find. Out the back of nowhere, but once found, well worth the views. I asked for seat outside but as I hadn’t booked it didn’t happen, there were lots of empty tables, when I left there were still ample tables available. Not impressed. I’ve enjoyed the Maltese white wine that I have had in several restaurants, this was no different. Very nice. I began with tempura prawns, can’t really go wrong. The followed up with the angus rib eye. Asked for medium rare, but it was more rare than medium wasn’t happy with that. Finished with an orange crème brulee, very nice indeed. They need a bug zapper, way too many flying insects than I was comfortable with. The staff were very nice, but in no hurry to do too much of anything. For the price of my evening and considering it was the off season I was very disappointed in not being seated outside.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Perfect for meat eaters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Obviously if you go somewhere with Chop in the name you know what your getting.
Steaks are about 20-35€. I had a chicken dish Nd potato gratin mash. Lovely. The house white wine was nice and reasonably priced at 18€.
Party I was with ordered rack of full ribs and fillet steak, both demolished and enjoyed.
We had apple pie, panacotta and ice cream to finish and for 3 adults the bill was 108€ but was a great setting! we sat inside where the staff accommodated us and were very polite and interested as to how we enjoyed our experience. One of our more expensive meals out but you have to spend a little extra sometimes and this was worth the extra.
Sitting outside or in enjoy the view across the harbour away from the hustle and bustle and traffic.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We took a chance and turned up and they easily accommodated the 2 of us on a Monday evening, however I would think it could get busy at weekends and during the summer.
The staff were very attentive, the range of food and wines just right and the food was amazing. The steaks were lockouts and the desserts were probably one of the best that we have ever had.
This is not a cheap restaurant but like everything you pay for what you get and this restaurant I would highly recommend.

Rome, Italy
“Excellent meat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

After a bad experience in a Maltese restaurant, we asked the concierge of our Hotel (The Palace in Sliema) to suggest where to eat. They gave us many indications and we chose this one. Wonderful view, good service and the best meat we've ever eaten, very well cooked. Courtesy, pleasant atmosphere and great value for money paid.

Valletta, Malta
“Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant with very good food and service. We’ve booked in advance – I suggest booking early in order to reserve a table outside.

After placing our order, we were served with excellent service. The staff is always attentive and the atmosphere is lovely too. On Sunday, they offer a set menu for 27.95 with a great selection of dishes – Try the deep-fried white bait (makku) and the date parcels (imqaret).

The kids really enjoyed it for the casual atmosphere it offers – children under ten years eat for free.

Parking is not a problem and free of charge. Will be visiting again very soon!

• Visited October 2013