“That's what I call pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Valletta, Malta
“That's what I call pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

we visited this place for the third time and this time i've decided to rate it.We always go for pizza because it is out of this world. We all had pizzas. We had 2 pizza with ricotta and rucola,a margerita, a pizza with different types of cheeses and radicchio (although radicchio was not listed on the description) and their topseller capo di monte which is a calzone (closed pizza). My only critisism is that they need to invest in new cutlery because the "knives" are impossible to cut with and they restrict you at which time you have to book either at 7,30 or at 9,30....so if i would like to book at 8.30 they cannot book me..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Umberleigh, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, very efficient. Well worth a visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We went to the Vecchia Napoli on the recommendation of our hotel concierge - and were not disappointed. It is just a short walk around the coast from St Julian's, where we were staying. The pizzas were first class, beautiful dough, wafer thin in the centre - hand thrown within sight of us. The toppings were generous & fresh and very tasty thanks to the real wood-burning oven. The local Cisk lager beer went superbly with these. Friendly staff, very efficient. Well worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pozzallo, Italy
“A disgrace! Terrible experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I choose the stew which according to the menu should be with tender beef and vegetables in wine souce, which was a hug mistake! what we got was tasteless potatoes with very few pieces of meat which was far from tender. Even worse is the price of 15 eur per portion! When we told the waiter we got the answer that this is how a stew is. Last visit for me there!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Valletta, Malta
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Visited this week.. We all had pizzas.. The combination of ingredients is great! Great service as well. Pizzas were overcooked but the rest was fine. Should invest in better steak knives to cut the pizzas though :)

Il Gzira, Malta
“Delicious pizza but unfriendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been several times there but I have still doubts about the restaurant. Based on my last dining experience, my husband and I ordered 1 pizza to share and we chose the one without rocket salad. When the pizza came it was covered with rocket salad and the funny thing is that it was not mentioned on the menu. When we asked the waiter about it was full of rocket salad and it was not on the menu, first he checked on menu and asked to the chef but then he simply ignored us. He did not come to us neither make an explanation nor an apology. Either the staff is lack of knowledge of the food or the chef cooks whatever he wants. Unfortunately, they are not friendly at all. But still their pizzas are delicious.

• Visited August 2013