“Brilliant Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rocca Nettuno suites

You added Rocca Nettuno suites to your Saves list
Rocca Nettuno suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Matthew Pulis St, Sliema, Island of Malta SLM 3052, Malta   |
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Sliema
Cheshunt, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Having read some of the reviews previously about the cleanliness of the rooms we were a bit sceptical, however they are totally unfounded the room was spotless and kept that way the entire week we were there, towels changed without prompting, room cleaned early.

The only negative is the noise, there is some mention of this in other reviews, if you get a room at the front of the hotel we suggest you close the bedroom door and it cuts out any early morning street noise. Oh flushing of toilets from other rooms can be heard but nothing else!!!

Breakfast were good, good choice, something for everyone.

The location of the hotel is spot on for buses, tourist buses and ferries as well.

If we go back to Malta (which is very likely) then we will stay here again.

Room Tip: get a room high up and suggest back of hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Wife and I stayed at Rocca Nettuno for 13 nights, this is an excellent place to stay, the room was clean on arrival and was cleaned daily by maid. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room is huge, kitchen has fridge, microwave, electric tea/coffee kettle, some dishes and utensil's (no sink, but bathroom sink we used), large living room area with large screen TV, sofa, loveseat, chair and table, bedroom and bath are comfortable size. Hotel's location is great, we felt safe at all times in neighbourhood and all over Sliema, minutes walk to supermarket, shopping mall and great restaurants. Ferry to Valletta is very close, as is local buses. We most definitely will be returning to Rocca Nettuno on our next trip to Malta

Room Tip: We stayed in room 252
County Clare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

we travelled to malta with our teenage son to visit a family member, i booked the Nettuno Suites at a great price on travel republic and were delighted when we arrived with the friendly receptionist and excellant standard we found in our room, plenty of space for the 3 of us and spotlessy clean. a safety deposit box gave us peace of mind, The food and breakfasts were great and good selection, the hotels location is excellant, just off the main street and close to lots of cafes and restauraunts, the slimea ferry to valletta is just down the street and is much quicker than the bus trip to the city whos tall statuesqe buildings and gridline streets are very interesting.A trip to Mdina and Rabat is a must. Too much to see in a weekend and we would go back to malta and the Nettuno suites. try the house red wine, cheap and very tasty.my only suggestion would be to have a sink in the suite to wash glasses etc, but this did not take from our expieriance.

Room Tip: we had a suite overlooking the street on the 3rd floor , picturesque old buildings outside and agre...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wiltshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have never written a review before but felt I had to on our return from the Rocca Nettuno Suites. We stayed for 4 nights from Nov 15th 2012. Having read a few mixed reviews before we left we were not sure what to expect. I can honestly say that for what we paid this hotel met and exceeded all expectations. Bright, clean and friendly, our suite was huge and modern with more facilities than you would expect from a hotel room, including microwave, kettle, toaster and fridge. The room was serviced every day and clean towels supplied. Breakfast catered for all tastes with full English, continental, cereals, yogurts fruit etc.. The hotel is situated one street back and parallel with the main strand where the sightseeing buses, ferry and cruises can be caught, less than a 10 minute walk. All along the strand are cafes and restaurants where you can sit and enjoy the view over to Valletta. The ferry crossing to Valletta takes a mere 8 minutes and costs 2.80 euro return. We found Malta to be very reasonable and nothing was over priced. It's a beautiful island with some amazing sites, friendly people and great shops, what more could you ask for from a short break away. I find it very difficult to understand what some people find to moan about, I have travelled a lot and also worked in travel for 13 years and I would have no qualms in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: One of the staff advised that the back rooms are bigger, we stayed in 214 at the back and this was e...
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. A better apartment this time and the shortcomings are all covered in other recent reviews. This is about my experience when booking transportation with the man at the front desk. I booked a taxi for seven o`clock the next morning to take me to the airport.There is according to information a max. price of 23 euro each way.Taxis being used are usually black Mercedes. I have used this service at earlier visits. On arrival in the morning at the front desk in Rocca Nettuno Suites, I was shown a youngster by the same man and told that he was my driver. This person grabbed my suitcase and run off into the street not to a taxi but to an old Peugeot 307 parked there and throwed my suitcase in the boot.So what to do, no real alternative at this hour so I stept in and off we went. Bumpy, high speed, radio blaring.But thank God to the airport and not to be mugged in some empty street.Cost me 23 euro to get rid of this driver, where did the money go?? At the airport he actually said to me that I had been deceived!!!Now, Mister behind all this at your counter in this hotel at seven o`clock in November. I do not know how specific I can be in a review giving exact details.I believe this to be illegal and if I come back to this hotel I let you know in person.I do not believe that the hotel manager Mr Etienne Borg Ferranti would approve of what you do. So, do not book anything from this man that is my advice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the Rocca Nettuno suites for a week in late October 2012. We were a party of three - two adults and a teenager.

This hotel met our needs perfectly: there is an underground garage for the hire car (parking is a bit of a nightmare in the area); the location is great - close to the ferry boat into Valetta, lots of local restaurants and also just 5 minutes walk from the newest and largest shopping centre in Malta (including a branch of M&S Simply Food to feed the Percy Pig addiction); there's strong, free wi-fi in the hotel bedrooms and also a fridge (actually a fridge freezer), kettle, microwave and basic cutlery and crockery. The staff were friendly and helpful and we thought that the breakfast was very good. We also ordered room service pizzas one night when we couldn't be bothered to go out and these were excellent. We didn't use the rooftop terrace and pool as we were out every day.

Our suite was at the front of the hotel and the bathroom led off the bedroom. This wasn't too much of a problem for us but if you had two people sleeping on the sofabeds in the living area it might be better to get a suite at the back because I think that in those the bathroom led off the living area. Also, with just one wardrobe for the whole apartment, there could be a shortage of clothes hanging and storage space if there were four adults with lots of clothes (our daughter was quite happy to live out of her bag for a week but others might not). There was the usual shortage of hangers but I've found this to be the case everywhere and always travel with a bundle of wire hangers from dry cleaners that can be left behind if necessary.

To make it even better we would have liked better lighting in the sitting room area - it was impossible to read in there after dark (and we read a lot on holiday) and I had to leave the fridge door open to get enough light to safely pour the kettle to make a cup of tea! There was a big shiny flat screen TV but nothing to watch except the rather tedious BBC World (weather forecast for Japan anyone?) - surely there are other channels available in English-speaking Malta, with a local weather forecast? Or perhaps a DVD player? Other than this our room was well-equipped, very clean and comfortable.

As frequent business travellers we've stayed in some posh hotels, but we much prefer something like this, good quality but comfortable, simple and unpretentious, where we can just hang out and relax, without paying for a load of extras that we don't need or use.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We are just back after spending the month of October at this hotel. They have on the window that the apartments are luxury 4* but I would not class them as such. The apartments are indeed spacious but in need of some redecoration and some serious spring cleaning and unfortunately the basic cleaning was hardly ever attended to only the beds made and a quick rinse around the sink with some water slopped over the floor. Our balcony was filthy on arrival and was never cleaned during the month we were there although we had an almighty storm.The skirting boards are covered in fluff and the corners of each room is not even looked at. To actually say that these are self catering apartments beggars belief as we had a fridge/freezer, double toaster, microwave oven and kettle. My husband and I had 2 forks, 2 knives, 2 soup spoons, one teaspoon, 2 cups and 2 tumblers. Yes the staff will wash the plates etc if you leave them. We washed them ourselves and found it to be most unhygenic to wash them in the bathroom sink. No bowls or extra plates for use in the microwave either plus no sharp knives for cutting bread, fruit etc. An iron & board would have been handy too. The shower over the bath spilled water onto the floor so it was always soaking and we were in room 212 which is at the bottom of the shaft and since the pipe outside was choked it spilled out water everytime someone took a shower and this ran day and night, however after complaining 3 times this was fixed, although just before we left another pipe was doing the same thing. I cannot fault the ambience downstairs in the restaurant nor the extremely friendly staff and the chef who made a very hearty fresh breakfast and the most delicious soup also the english guy who cleans the bottom does a thorough job so perhaps he should be in charge of the cleaning staff upstairs. They have a very nice pool and area surrounding which looks over the water and is surrounded by safety glass so when lying bathing you can still see the water. Mind you this surrounding glass was never cleaned all the time we were there. We have given our complaints to the Housekeeper who is going to look into these issues so hopefully the standard of cleaning will improve. Very dull lighting in the rooms make it hard to see and the TV is useless to English speaking people as there are 2 stations in German one in French a cartoon station which I think was also German and BBC News in English from Kenya so no local news or weather conditions for Malta!! No this is poor considering this is supposed to be a 4* luxury apartment. I have read other reviews and know that almost everybody thinks highly of this hotel however perhaps not everybody was there for a month. The situation of the hotel is perfect for the Strand and Tigne Point and catching a bus is just down the road. Get a 7 day bus ticket for Eu12 which can be used for as many buses in a day as you like and don't just wait for the No 12 & 13 buses for Valetta as most of the ones which say Sliema Ferries also go onto to the city. The Phonicia across from the bus station in Valetta is worth going to for Sunday lunch which will cost 30 euros but it is buffet with food in abundance and of the very best quality also Marsacala's Ta Familia has the most fantastic food and is run by a father/mother and 5 daughters. If visiting Naxxar go to Creme Cafe which is also owned and run by a family, it is a shop with a coffee shop within and is wonderfully decorated and the cakes and coffee are to die for and the family will make you very welcome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rocca Nettuno suites? Share your experiences!