“Excellent ethnic restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 restaurants in Mdina
Cuisines: Indian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Sharma is a new restaurant in Mdina offering an eclectic mix of traditional cuisines from India, North Africa and the Mediterranean.
Malta, Austria
“Excellent ethnic restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Service, location, décor and food are all excellent. I had booked a table by sending a private message on Facebook and they answered immediately. The following day, they sent a message on my mobile thanking me/us for eating there and hoping that my/our experience was a good one. This is excellent customer service. The food, I simply love it, especially the naan bread.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Grand night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Having read the previous reveiws. I agree with the heat of the building. Though we did see and feel air con and fans that took the edge off the heat. The food was stunning. Particularly the arabian starter and the fish kebab . Service from our waitress was excellent. Can't wait to go back soon

Marsascala, Malta
“Sauna”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Although the food was good, I would not recommend visiting this restaurant in Summer. The air-conditioning is inexistent and it was as if we were eating in a Sauna. A room of about 25 people had to try and share the warm air from one portable FAN. To add insult to injury, the main course took more than an hour and a half to be served. The white wine was served at room temperature (warm) and when we asked for an ice-bucket we were informed that they had ran out of ice. Unfortunately we couldn't taste the desert because due to the heat we had to leave immediately after eating main course.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Qawra, Malta
“Talk about ambience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The ambience of this restaraunt is amazing. Tucked away in one of the tiny streets of Mdina, the entrance is small but opens out into a large dining area.
Five of us made a reservation for 7.00pm and after an hour the place filled up with Maltese and a few non-Maltese diners.
The menu is extensive with a choice of three different cuisines, Idian, Morrocan and Mediteranean menus.
Every one in our party of five enjoyed their meals.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Lucija, Malta
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

After a lot of good recommendations from friends and family my wife and I finally paid this retaurant a visit for dinner. I had booked three weeks before as I was advised that the place is always full. I did it on line and received a confirmation code through sms almost at once; very neat I thought. Well, when we arrived at the retaurant, the person receiving us failed to find our booking! There was a bug in the system he said. Luckily he managed to fit us in. T o my dismay we had to manoevre through the very closely placed tables in order to get to ours. The tables are too near to each other and the feeling is not so comfortable. In any case our orders were taken quite quickly by probably the only Maltese person in the place. Our dishes were served also in good time. A second minus point was when a foreign witer brought the main courses and simply placed the dishes in front of each of usvwithout asking what our choice was. Of course he got it wrong and we had to ask him to switch dishes. However the quality of food was good. The airconditioning system is totally inadequate and it felt as if I was having dinner in a sauna. The background music was low and pleasant , that is until a belly dancer made an appearance in an enclosed area of the restaurant when we were violently exposed to blaring ear splitting music. At that point we decided that it ws time to leave. My judgement is hat the place is average and strongly over rated. The only redeeming point is the good food quality. I don't think that I will return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere