“Huge portions, reasonable prices, great view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 39 restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Glasgow
“Huge portions, reasonable prices, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Pisces has a great location in the middle of Marsaxlokk, with outdoor seating on the harbour front. We stopped for lunch and had the seafood platter for two, which was huge and includes mussels, clams, fried white bait, squid, prawns and white fish fillet. It was accompanied chunks of Maltese bread, bean spread, salad and chips. Service was good, prices were reasonable and the view of the harbour was great. What not to like?

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
Shropshire, UK
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We had the seafood platter for two. This was probably the best meal we have ever eaten, comprising scallops, king prawns, razor clams, clams, two sorts of mussels, squid and octopus served hot. It was excellent value, fresh and a good quantity. Could not fault it. The wine was the cheapest we came across on the island too.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Good, owner friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The food was good and rather a big meal. I chose the offer of the day and was serve 2 fish fillets (not just one) with a Maltese sauce, a salad and some Potatoes. It was very good value at 7 euros.

Visited May 2012
Rabat, Malta
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I live on the Island for 4 years now, and i've never complained or wanted to at a restaurant until i entered this place!--having worked in the catering trade for years, and believing complaining gets you nowhere and it's for nothing, i would normally never allow trivial things to annoy me...but this place changed my mind on that.
From the moment my wife and i walked in, we were treated like dirt. The table we were given was filthy to start. When the waitress finally decided to take our order some 20 minutes later, we then waited another 45 minutes for the "Food" to arrive.

This is a place that says it "specialises in fish?!?! the "food" we were given resembled nothing like fish, in fact it was wrapped in tinfoil, presnetation worse than you'd give a dog, and the quality was awful. I love my food, and today was the first time i left most of it sitting there.

Throughout the meal, one of the waitresses (Louise) was screaming and shouting in Maltese at the other waitresses, and even though i don't speak maltese, my wife does, and the words being said were not pleasant, not to mention how unprofessional it appeared. I then decided to pay (why, i will never know!) and when paying by card and this Louise dropped the card machine, she muttered [--], without even smiling, acknowledging me, thanking me or anything. i left fuming, and it took all my energy to not go back to complain, about her in particular.

TO any tourist coming to this beautiful island, visit the town by all means, but trust me--stay away from this dump!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Good food and value in pleasant setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Went to Marsaxlokk for lunch, not on a Sunday to avoid the crowds. We had heard Pisces was good. The outside seating was all full apart from a table just outside the restaurant by the road. There was little traffic and we had a magnificent view of the harbour (including the incongruous power station on the far side).
Service was very good, I had the octopus starter which was large enough for a main course and very tasty. My partner had goat's cheese in pastry which she found to be delighful.
I had grouper for the main, served with a salad. Again, very well cooked. Partner had the duck which she found OK. Both helpings were large.
We couldn't fit in a dessert,so paid the bill and was very impressed with the value of the food.
Will definitely go again during the week.

• 4 of 5 stars Food