“wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
malta
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

First of all, they confirmed my booking by sms and also received an sms from them the following day saying'hope you liked your experience'. Good to have pics of food on menu so you can see what you are ordering. provided blankets as we were outdoors in the evening. Menu is varied and theres a good selection. Food was great and service too whilst prices very reasonable. will surely be back.

67% Recommend
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was shocked after staying one afternoon there. It was my second time. The first time i was not impressed with the waitresses, not smiling, rarely saying a word, one could feel that they hate what they were doing, but the service was decent, basically as whatever you can expect in Malta. I has been waiting for over 6 years, and i know it is not an easy job, but come on... for the first we were waiting for 10 minutes to come over to the table. We were seating on the side, so I could understand that she didnt have to see us passing, so I just went inside and nicely asked for menu, and heard back: "but when did you came mela? just now??" with this terrible attitude, like shew would be angry at me that I didnt give her occasion to bring it, yeah, I've been there for 10 minutes already... order was placed, one of us ordered espresso with ice. After another 10 minutes, we got the coffees finally but if course without the ice, so we asked to brig it. Another 5 minutes maybe passed, I grabbed one of the girls and kindly reminded of ice and asked if she can bring more sugar. few second later she brought the sugar, but no ice, so I asked her again, didnt hear even a word in back... another 10 minutes passed, of course no one brought it. I went asked again, and i heard that they dont have ice, and that she sent someone get it from other place, I said ok, fair enough. everything can happen. Another 10 minutes..... of course nothing. Went again, to say that she ca just forget about the ice, since coffee is gone, and to bring us some drink. She said that they had to go to the store...

In general that was one of the worst experience in Malta I am afraid, even all tables, and chairs were so dusty... I understand after the night, but it was afternoon already. Really? no time to wipe the tables?? We got it wiped, but we had to wait for a good while. beside it is nearly impossible to see something on the ipads sitting in the sun.

The word to manager owner. At one point i could see that girls got very busy having at least 15-20 tables. Just on their own, serving food, drinks, taking orders. It is unacceptable, that in the place like that there is no one behind the bar making their orders, so not wondering, why he service was so slow, and not organized at all...

I hope that this review will make someone to sit down and reorganize his business to not loose it ti quickly, as I am sorry, but all this things will make me go to the cafeteria just beside Iplace, as so far never got disappointed there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marsaxlokk, Malta
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Yesterday we dined at iPlace. We've been here another time during a rush hour therefore the slow service was understandable however I must say that I am very disappointed with yesterday's service.

We arrived here at around 10 pm and the restaurant upstairs wasn't really busy only 4-5 tables. We were given a table however no one gave us the menu/iPad and had to ask for one by walking to the bar myself. Whilst waiting for our food the table behind us was served its main courses without even having cutlery and had to return their plates back when the cutlery arrived due to the long wait. The service is extremely slow and the waiters do not even go round the tables to check for customer's requests.

Our starter, focaccia, was excellent however not the same could be said for our main courses. I had calamari ripieni and to start with they were not even close to what is shown on the menu and to add with that they were quite hard. My girlfriend had pizza capricciosa and it seemed like they had an extra can of cocktail sausages which they chose to pour all over her pizza.
We were the last table upstairs and it was as if we were invisible.

I hope for better staff because the food has potential but the staff are quite under trained and undisciplined. They should at least know the basics.

On a positive note, the environment is great but again I wish I could come back and see some changes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“Tech wise restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent value and beware portions are very large! Choose your food from the menu on the iPad and play games while you wait for the food. Very clean and modern and the food tastes great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gozo
“Prepared food & freezed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been to I place sereval times most propably I take a pizza cause when I take chicken, pasta or meat the food comes too fast in about 5 minutes. the reason is that food including the sauces are prepared from before & freezed & then they heat it so I opt for pizza cause it's prepared when I order it. the place is very nice & modern but I don't recommend it, there's other good restaurants near by

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere