“Service without a smile” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Peterborough
“Service without a smile”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This has to be the rudest place in the whole of Malta. The waitress did not even acknowledge us, when she did finally come over her first words were 'What' we ordered drinks but when my wife asked for a milk shake she was just told 'No' no explanation (milkshakes were on the menu), when it came to food it was even worse, we hardly anything advertised being available. The actual prices do not match what is advertised all in all a massice rip off

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
“An average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Was there with a whole group of approx 20 persons. We almost occupied the whole of the restaurant space. Service wasn't bad. I expected a more generous portion of fish. Was not impressed, but cannot say it was a bad experience. Food was good.

Visited February 2012
London
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were recommended this place by 2 sets of maltese friends and so we were very much looking forward to a lovely fish lunch.....we were sadly disappointed. We ordered to 2 fish of the days and asked for the fish to be filletted. Only one arrived and it was unfilletted. When we sent it back they simply roughly ripped the spine and head off the fish, still leaving a pile of bones in. The second fish never arrived. When we asked for it, the waitress said you asked for 1 meal and did not apologise. Why would we ask for one meal for 2 people? Finally the 2nd fish arrived after an hour also unfilleted- by then I had finished my meal and my partner was incredibly hungry and grumpy. We received no apology and no discount- the waitress just kept repeating you ordered one meal even though she had put place settings down for 2.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Cafe' De Paris, Marsaxlokk, Malta. AVOID! If you don't want to be ripped off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

In the Cafe' De Paris the drinks were fine, but the food was poor. We received our bill and paid the owner. I then checked the bill, because it seemed a little high. It was for 17 Euros 50c instead of 12 Euros 40c. After unsuccessfully trying to justify the amount, he returned 4 Euros 80c instead of 5 euros 10c. If he had just apologised and corrected the bill, I would not be writing this review, but in my opinion his actions seemed to me to be well rehearsed. I am a regular visitor to Malta and the vast majority of the Maltese are honest and trustworthy, but (as in all walks of life) there are exceptions. There are numerous alternative cafe's in Marsaxlokk, one of which is next door, which we found very friendly with excellent service.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Best seafood ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

I wasn't expecting the shellfish platter to be as good as it was (especially after a bland fish soup). But it was so good and fresh I even ate the prawn shells. If it wasn't so far from my hotel id def go back again

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere