“fabulous seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 39 restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The restaurant is across from the street market / waterfront in this fishing village. The food is local but different from the usual tourist fare.
sydney
“fabulous seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Drove to Marsaxlokk in the evening for the Festa dedicated to the Virgin of Pompeii. A spectacle with fireworks and the church brightly lit. Afterwards dinner at La Capanna which was one of the choices we were tossing about (from our Lonely Planet recommendations). Nice setting inside and outside (we opted for inside because of the humidity and smell). Pleasant restaurant, great seafood, well presented. The waiters will come around with a platter of their fresh seafood for you to consider. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Malta
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This restaurant is one of the best in Marsalxokk. Very good value for money, lovely presentation of food, great flavours and not too expensive. Defintely recommended!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fish is what you want and its what you get”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a good meal here with friends.Mixed platter of different fish dishes fof starters and more fish for mains. Red Snapper was amazing but John Dory was a bit overcooked can also improve selections of desserts but if its fish you want its great. Wine prices are very good also.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Excellent Fresh Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

One of the best Sea food restaurants in Malta. Outside tables first come first served. Inside the restaurant, booking is a must. Cheaper seafood pasta dishes under 10 Euros Good food and good value
Whole catch of the day under 25 Euros approx. (market pries.)
Friendly service excellent hygiene, lovely ambience.

“Esquisite !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My family booked a table of 10 people at la cappana this saturday as some of the family friends where in malta and being we are from the north it was a long way to go and im not a fish lover but my family are. but it was worth the drive.

When we arrived we where iwelcomed by the staff which are very friendly and seated to our table. They brought us the menus straight away and after a couple of minutes a handsome waiter came to take us the order. He also showed us the fish display which for the others was tempting. He was good as he double checked the order before taking it to the kitchen so that no mistakes will be done for the order. After he finished we where served bread with a nice paste and after 10 minutes our starters where served. I ordered the mushroom in garlic which was very delicious and my family ordered the fish soup and some of them the pasta which no one complained and everybody cleaned the plate. The same waiter also checked if everything was ok and to our likings. After the staff cleared our plates the same waiter came to see if we needed any drinks.

After 15 minutes we where served our mains. My ribeye was cooked perfectly and the sides of the veg and roasted poatatoes made it more delicious to eat.. my family which are fish lovers ordered swordfish and durbell... I was reading some of the reviews I dont know why the complained about the kitchen being slow because its not. I work in catering and I have a certain idea what im taking about. The restaurant its all full and our dishes came on time. Food is very good and ambiance and staff are certainly up to standard. Now it was time for desserts and a nice waitress came to tell what was available... I choosed the bon bon...with caramel... simply amazing... people who commented on the desserts where right,es one of the best dessert I ever tasted... I have to say I didnt expected a night like this... well done to this restaurant... definetly recommended to who ever wants to eat very good food. The only thing I would like to suggest is to add some dishes for the antipasto who are not fish lovers like me...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere