“As good 2nd time around!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Poppet's Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Xaghra
Poppet's Bed and Breakfast
Xaghra | Elizabeth House, Xaghra, Island of Gozo XRA 1707, Malta   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Xaghra B&B and Inns
uk
“As good 2nd time around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Booked Poppets for a short stay end of Sept after our well rested stay in May. My wife said when we left we will return and we did but this time we took my brother and his partner. They loved it. Our Hosts Margaret and Karl met us with a cup of tea and nibbles on the terrace-a lovely touch. This time we made the most of the amenities and found the time to swim in the pool.......just awesome after a busy day sight seeing. We also stayed in for the evening meal this time as it was my wifes birthday and a special request from her and we were not disappointed. Lovely food ( but we already knew that from the breakfast available) Both my wife and I have it 'on the to do list for May 2012'
Margaret and Karl see you then!

Room Tip: All rooms are superb!

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Just returned from 10 days with Karl and Margaret at Poppets. My husband and I were made to feel completely at home from the moment we arrived. House and pool beautiful, clean and comfortable with views from patio and our balcony (Ramla room worth the extra) to die for.
Breakfast delicious, assistance always available, helpful hints useful to point us in good directions for some perfect days.
Poppets and Xaghra are a great base to explore Gozo - or just lie back and relax (with lots of good food and wine).
Try the day boat trip from Marsalforn - Midas 11 - Captain Franky. Excellent day out - well worth the money (not a big commercialised boat - small and friendly - got to swim from some incredible bays)

Room Tip: Ramla room well worth the extra
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011 via mobile

Karl and Margaret are wonderful hosts. Nothing was ever too much trouble, the house was always immaculate, inside and out (even the pool).
Local knowledge proved invaluable also, steering us to Xlendi Bay, Victoria and main land Malta pointing out the best places to eat and drink.
A big big thank you, and hope to see you both again the next time we're in Gozo.

• Stayed August 2011
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was travelling with my 80 year old father, Karl and Margaret went the extra mile to make our stay pleasant and comfortable.We arrived at 6.30am and received a warm and friendly welcome with a much welcome pot of tea and breakfast despite the hour. Poppets is more than a B & B it is a home from home with all the comforts you'd expect from an up market hotel. The pool and rooms are fantastic as are the freshly prepared breakfasts, Dad misses them very much! We explored beautiful places on Margarets recommendation I would never have found. We both highly recommend Poppets and wish Karl and Margaret continuing success. Can't wait to return with my husband.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

My fiancé and I spent there 3 nights a the beginning of September, enjoying the view, the high-standard accommodation and, most of all, the discretion and privacy that Margaret and Karl's B&B afforded us. I particularly appreciated the breakfast of local fresh fruit. We were also very lucky to be there during the village's annual week of celebration in honour of Virgin Mary so we could admire the decorations, the marching band and the overall festive atmosphere. The location is perfect for exploring the island and Margaret was nice enough to help us rent a car and provided us with maps and advice. We would definitely love to come back. Ioana & Andrew (living in Brussels)

Room Tip: Definitely a try for the room with a seaside view. It's a bit more in price, but you have your o...
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed in Poppet's for three nights in August and we haved passed a good time.
Really haven of peace, silent place;
Karl and Margaret are perfect, thoughtful, discreet, very kind.
Great breakfast, Quiet pool, nice room.
We love this place and if we come back to Gozo, we go to the Poppet's.
Deeply to advise.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed there (3 nights) with my 12 year old son and we had a wonderful time.
The house itself is a great, charming place and for sure my son appreciated the pool itself more than the wonderful view. The little village Xaghra serves all needs (resteraunts; shops etc) and various interesting places (beach & sight seeing) are convient to reach by car.

Magaret and Karl made us feel home. Even better, they did not avoid any effort to satisfy our/my sons wishes.

If I ever visit Gozo again - I'll stay there (if possible),
Manulea

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Poppet's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!