“Friendly local service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly local service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We visited Oleander after a trundle round town. They have a beautiful spot in the town square. The manager was a friendly guy who made real effort to engage us. Food came out quickly and was well priced, I had a tasty penne dish whilst my partner had ravioli. Starter portions would definitely have been enough for lunchtime. Does the job!

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Brandon, United Kingdom
“Fabulous night out with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Had an evening meal here with friends just last week, and the food was excellent. We had between us local specialty rabbit stews and locally caught fresh fish (including swordfish) which we could not fault. An excellent Maltese wine became a firm favourite over the week we spent on Gozo: Delicata's Gellewza sparkling rosé.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Freshly prepared local food served by friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My partner and I have visited this small restaurant for our dinner for the first time only yesterday and have been back already today! I have had the mushrooms in garlic as a starter (if you're used to tiny English starter portions you better prepare yourself as the starter portion here is HUGE), my partner had the lovely tomato soup. Weren't aware of the sizes of starters I have ordered the main portion of Pasta Marinara and my accompanion ordered Gozotian pasta...The Pasta Marinara was absolutely lovely, I have never eaten better! Plenty of fresh seafood seasoned with fresh herbs - the main portion was twice as big as you would get in UK, although half of the UK price! The Gozotian pasta with the local sausage and cheese was just perfect! I would recommend it to everyone who likes strong flavoured food. If you are there, you should try the coffee...The best coffee we've had on Gozo so far!
The service was top notch! Both of the waiters were very efficient, friendly, and very informative! We can definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Malta
“Good food & service, generous portions and nice setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We really enjoyed our sunday lunch here. 3 had pasta (all different) and all good and the portions very very generous. I had rabbit stew which was really tender and tasty. The service was also very good.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Back to its very best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Returned here after several years away. This restaurant is back to its very best. Excellent menu including "fish of the day" , good service, attentive staff and an excellent wine list. Home made sweets, including ice creams were delicious. Have booked again later in week.

Visited April 2014