“A wonderful surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: La Stanza Restaurant is situated in a 400 year old farmhouse in a quiet outskirt of Victoria enjoying a vast view of the historic fortified Citadel from its terrace. La Stanza is not just a place in which we work, it is our passion. We want you to feel welcome, relaxed, special; in traditional and atmospheric surroundings with attentive staff. We want your experience to be enjoyable and memorable.We believe that dining should be an experience to remember and truly enjoyed. We want you to love to dine!
Munxar
“A wonderful surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I do eat out a fair amount and thought we would give La Stanza a try as a few friends had recommended it.
The menu was broad and unusual - I enjoyed black tagliatelle and limpets (delicious) followed by Gozitan veal (honey in the sauce). The food was well served, the staff very friendly, helpful and talkative and we sat on the terrace which has a view of the Citadel.
Excellent value for money and we will go back!
Minor criticism (we could have said something before and will next time) that the portions were a little large.
It really is a very pleasant place to eat and we left very satisfied and happy. It genuinely is a good place.

• Visited August 2013

Birkirkara, Malta
“One of the best restaurants in Gozo.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant by chance as we were looking for somewhere to eat, and I must say I'm glad we did! It's location is ideal, in a quiet stretch of road with ample parking space away from the traffic and confusion of Rabat, but not too far away. The food was simply delicious, and the service excellent, all in all very good value for money. I've noticed some reviews have complained that the service is slow, but in my opinion that's a plus. When all the food is served in a rush it's most probably just been taken out of a fridge and warmed in the microwave, but when it takes a bit longer to arrive on your table you can tell that it's been freshly prepared, and this is what I liked about this place. If I was in a hurry I'd have gone to a fast food joint. This was our first time at La Stanza, but it surely won't be our last.

Visited July 2013
Ghajnsielem, Malta
“Excelent service and very friendly environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very good food, food was served promptly and excellent service with a smile. Very nice atmosphere. Exquisite food. The best rib eye in the world. The best kirxa. Tastefully starters and big big plates.

• Visited July 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Delightfully different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We drove past this restaurant many times on our last visit to Gozo, but ran out of time to try it.
Managed it this time. Please don't make our mistake.
Great choice, great service, local food cooked really well. Very knowledgeable about wine and happy to decant our choice as breathing was needed.
very laid back, we sat at the bar and had a nice drink whilst perusing the menu's, made our choice and only moved to the table when our starters were ready.
My main was local beef wrapped in parma ham and my wife chose local beef cheeks, slow cooked. Both just that little bit different.
Very interesting building too, with great artwork.
Gozo has us hooked and we will make more than one visit to La Stanza next year.
Thank you for a great evening.

• Visited June 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Romantic setting, beautifully presented & delicious meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Loved this Restaurant! Charming and elegant decor, our meal was both beautifully cooked and presented. We ordered a combination of things: escargots, prawns, steaks and fish and everything was delicious. Perhaps the service was a little slow but its not 'fast food' is it!! -- I'm quite happy waiting for a meal that is lovingly prepared as ours was. I do recommend this Restaurant and the atmosphere here was ......special.....as if one had stepped back in time. I was with my husband and 2 teenage children and we all loved it :)

• Visited October 2012