“Atrocious!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Surrey
“Atrocious!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were in Victoria for the evening of Santa Maria Festa. This is probably one of the restaurants' busiest days so you would think they would be prepared.... Not the Four Seasons. We, like others were lured by the roof terrace. We managed to get a table eventually. The head waiter was running up and down the two steps in the middle if the restaurant sweating and cursing as he rushed past the customers with one object at a time. We waited 15 minutes for a drink, which he forgot (bottled water - not difficult!) the only other waiter was a young girl who ambled around like she had all the time in the world, also just delivering one item at a time.
All the time we were there, we could hear the women in the kitchen screaming and shouting at the head waiter in some sort of domestic dispute. One customer who tried to get a table was told that he would have to wait "to allow the kitchen to recover as they were very stressed out"!
We watched in amazement as a table of 6 were served their main courses over a period of some 30 minutes, as though each dish was being cooked one at a time. We saw one customer waiting at the cash desk 15 minutes, just to pay his bill.
The table next to us ordered drinks which we saw sitting on the bar for some 20 mins, so the lager must have been nice and warm!
We saw 7 people walk out!
It was the worst restaurant experience I have ever had - and we didn't even eat there! - after waiting over an hour for our food, we left! Two tables who had ordered before us, still hadn't got their food by then!
With its consistently bad reviews it is a wonder that it is still running, it seems its location and pleasant roof terrace are what draw people in. If you relish a Fawlty Towers experience and aren't in any hurry, then risk it, my advise - steer clear!

• Visited August 2013

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Tired, like something from a Dickens novel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Annoyed that I didn't follow my instincts. The outside décor looked quite jaded but we were lured by the roof terrace. It was only on the way out that we had a look around inside.
In fairness the roof terrace is a nice place to sit although a little 'rustic'. We put the poor maintenance down to being the start of the season proper. The large chap that greeted us was cleanly dressed and very polite.
I had the beef olives that were fairly flavourful but the accompanying vegetables were a little burnt. How do you burn a carrot? My wife's Sicilian pasta lacked flavour and a variety of vegetables.
You pay downstairs and they took an absolute age to come back with the change simply because they couldn't find any.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Worst meal ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

1hr or over waiting for just a simple chicken toast and tasted terrible!! Kept with a stomac ache for a whole afternoon

Gutersloh, Germany
“Go somewhere else, if you still can”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Service ist hier ein Fremdwort bzw. nicht vorhanden / Slow resp. not existing service
Essenschlicht und ergreifen schlecht /Cold and terrible food
Ziemlich heruntergekommen und dreckig / Shabby and dirty
Wird hoffentlich bald vom Gesundheitsamt geschlossen /I wonder why the health office has not closed this place yet

• Visited October 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Terrible, stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Was there last year, and on my last night there my friends and I decided to go to a nice and new place. This was had a roof to terrace and that sounded lovely. When we got there it was as if everyone was running around, it took ages to be able to order, and then it took even longer for us to get the food. A family near us had been waiting for ages for the food. I ordered a serloin steak, a friend a cesar sallad, and another one ordered a pesto pasta, these were the most horrible of the ones we ordered. The serloin steak was disgusting and horrible, the chicken in the cesar sallad had barely spent a minute in the pan, and the pesto pasta just tasted of oil. They took back the sallad and pasta, but when they got it back they'd just added salt to the pesto and the chicken was still not done.

My friend who had gotten the under cooked chicken went along the next time she sent it back, and was yelled at by the cook for not appreciating the raw chicken. We decided to leave at this point, and not pay. The owner had the gut to threaten to call the cops, and said that since I had eaten a little of the VERY EXPENSIVE (har har) serloin steak, I had to pay all of it. We got about 5€ discount on the dinner, but it was appalling.

Our server for the night told us that it was his first and last night working at that restaurant, it was too stressful, and he was treated very poorly. All in all it was the worst restaurant I have been to so far in my life. STAY AWAY

• Visited October 2011