Maria Giovanna is a real gem. We hired a car to travel around Gozo and once we arrived in Marsalforn found Maria Giovanna very easy to find .
Check in was a breeze and we were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived. There is no onsite parking but being off season we were lucky to be able to park directly across the road. We were also shown where to find public parking around 200 meters away.
We were allocated a room on the 3rd floor. We chose a triple room, as although there were just the 2 of us travelling, it gave us a little more space. It was a good size for a guest house. Not fancy but very clean and homely. The bathroom was very small but also very workable and most importantly, it was also very clean. There was a very small balcony - exactly as pictured in their advertising. From here you could look down the street to see the water. Once again, exactly as advertised.
There are lots of little extras. Books and travel information on the ground level. Baskets with equipment to take to the beach on each landing. There has been a lot of thought put into making guests stay as pleasant as possible.
The guest house is only 1 street back from the waterfront. There are numerous restaurants to choose from in this very pleasant little village.
Breakfast was a lot more than expected! Eggs to order - that was a bonus. Plenty to choose from at the small buffet. Can you believe, lemon meringue pie, yum!!!
The bonus of Maria Giovanna is the staff. Very friendly and ready to help. We really felt welcomed and at home here. We were sorry that we hadn't stayed here for 2 nights, as our next accommodation choice was less pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maria Giovanna, a typical Maltese town house, elegantly furnished 15-bedroom guest house offering a warm yet family atmosphere. It is run with care just like a personal home. Antique furniture, modern design and comforts melt to create this peaceful atmosphere. All bedrooms are set in a rustic style with romantic brass/iron beds. Each bedroom enjoys a fresh shower equipped with a hairdryer. Situated in an excellent location in Marsalforn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Maria Giovanna Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maria Giovanna Guest House Hotel Marsalforn
- Maria Giovanna Guest House Island Of Gozo/Marsalforn, Malta