“Sad place” 1 of 5 stars

Canada del Hoyo, Spain
7 attraction reviews
“Sad place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went there with some friends who asked me to take photos of their son's birthday party. It is a run down place, cramped and uninspiring. The tent where food is served is unbearably hot and the prices are exorbitant since there is no competition. the cherry on the cake was when one arrogant and surly face member of staff demanded to see what pictures I had taken and wanted me to delete them. The only reason that I can think of for such behaviour is that I must have photographed something that was not right in this place.

Visited October 2012

Rome, Italy
“I love this place and would re-visit anytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I truly enjoyed going to the park where I spent enjoyable hours of fun with friends and family. Our kids all enjoyed the rides and the wavepool was a thrill all day long. The place was clean and play areas were supervised all the time. Definitely to revisit on our next trip.

Valletta, Malta
4 attraction reviews
“Did you all go to the right place?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am really surprised to read so many unfavourable reviews and particularly ones that contradict our own experiences. I have no axe to grind and have no connection with or personal knowledge of the management and/or owners. I am simply compelled to comment on what seems to be manifestly unfair and untrue and perhaps a rather nasty orchestrated campaign.

As local residents, we have visited Splash & Fun ourselves, as have our families and friends, after we told them that posted reviews were highly inaccurate. To call this site a "death trap" could not be further from the truth. The staff are mainly young (early twenties) well trained and unobtrusively efficient. I have seen them deal with inappropriate behaviour and people trying to break the rules. In each instance it was handled with tact, but firmly. I am not at all sure that could I have done any any better. The restrictions on age use were meticulously observed and staff were permanently sited both at the top and the bottom of each water slide. Customers are not allowed to enter a chute unless the previous user has left the slide. There is ample staff in the wave pool and indeed all other public areas. I would not permit my grandchildren (8 to 10) and their friends to use this facility if there was any risk at all to them. There isn't and there wasn't. I can only imagine that those who posted otherwise ignored the facts.

Splash & Fun is not newly built and it stands all day in the baking Maltese sun. That said it is clean, well maintained and reasonable value for money. There are comments about rudeness from the staff. I have never seen this and the Maltese are the politest people I have ever met. I have, however, observed loutish behaviour from customers and on occasion some of them being escorted out. Perhaps that fact explains some of the reviews.

I would recommend Splash & Fun as a good, safe day out at a reasonable price.

Visited September 2013
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Very disappointed! I wouldn't like to be harsh but there is simply no way to put it other than a death trap! Firstly, the cost of entry into the park seemed fairly reasonable until you get inside! It either looks like it is still being built and no one should be allowed in there or it is closing down! The rides were slow and didn't have enough water going down them so people started going down them dangerously as well as this when we were at the top watching people go down the slides you could see the slide wobble but not just slightly.. Hugely as if it was about to fall apart any second! The water used in the park was partly sea water so tasted disgusting if you got it in your mouth as well as it making you feel dirty because it dried on you in the heat! The staff were miserable and unpleasant and showed no interest in you apart from the entertainment girls! Also, a main point is that there was not a lifeguard in sight and the person I would have gone to in an emgerancy would have been the dj!! Overall, not worth a visit in my opinion until it has sorted some health and safety rules out! it has the potential to have been a good waterpark but health and safety is completely out of the window and makes it feel unsafe!

Bromley, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“If you value your families safety, don't visit Splash and Fun!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

How someone hasn't died at this venue I do not know!! There is a sign with rules and regulations outside but nobody enforces them. For example, it says no alcohol, but the snack bar sells it and doesn't check to see if it ends up around the pools or loungers. The people working in the snack bar are rude, arrogant and uninterested in good service. The place wasn't clean on opening, cigarette butts littered beneath our loungers and the floor were very slippery. I witnessed many kids take a tumble during the day. There are no lifeguards to be seen, especially when the wave pool starts. The pool was heaving and there were some people in difficulty being helped by strangers. The only real staff present were the animations team, encouraging aqua aerobics and dancing.
But, my biggest complaint is far more serious. There is a ride called the black hole, my son and I rode together on a double ring. When exiting the tube, the run off is only between 6-8 meters long. We travelled the entire length of the run off at great speed hit the end with some force. My son was catapulted off landing square on his back. We was severely winded and could not breath. The attendant stood by and watched, he did not attempt to help in anyway! It was a member of the public that left the queue to help and offer first aid. He even had to tell the attendant to stop riders coming down the slide as people were continuing to shoot out of the tube getting close to us. Thankfully my son was fine, winded, shocked and little embarrassed but not hurt seriously. I can only thank the member of the public who helped. The staff certainly didn't.