“Overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa

You added Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Cardrona | Peebles Near Edinburgh, Cardrona, Peebles EH45 8NE, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cardrona
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I at this hotel for one night Fri 22nd March 2013, DBB with late checkout the following day.
The hotel is in a small village with no nightlife at all. All staff we had contact with were very helpful and polite, the room was clean neat and had everything I expected of this hotel with excellent number of tv channels. Some fantastic views over the countryside. The restaurant food was even better than I expected absolutely A1 and also not as crowded as I thought it would be with a convention on with what appears to be a limited tables.Only down side was the cheapest bottle of wine was over £20. The Spa was not crowded on the Friday, but Saturday morning when the schools are obviously off was used by lots of the local kids in the pool. Loved the steam room and sauna which were always quiet. Would recommend this to everyone.

Room Tip: You must have your own transport.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MacCardrona, General Manager at Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Janet

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back soon.

Stuart Maxwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here two nights with our friends, enjoyed the comfort the rooms had a great view across the golf coarse and the food was first class. All the staff were very helpful and pleasant and made sure we were enjoying our stay. We had a swim in the pool it was excellent as was rest of the facilities. We would most likely return here, if we were down this way again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf coarse and country views on the south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MacCardrona, General Manager at Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Archie

Thank you for your kind review, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We've stayed here several times for weekend breaks. Lovely location and the staff are attentive. Meals are always excellent.
Leisure facilities can be busy, and if you want a massage or therapy session you would be best to book ahead as there aren't too many therapy rooms.
Can't fault it though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Stewart

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am very pleased that you continue to enjoy your visits to Cardrona and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed with my husband and young daughter on 13th and 14th Feb. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip, all the staff were very attentive and helpful and lovely with my little girl. The food in the restaurant was really excellent, better than I had expected and the room and facilities were great. I would have liked dressing gowns provided in the rooms, and I did feel that for us (staying with a 1 year old) it would have been nice to sit down earlier than 6.30 for dinner which was the earliest sitting, just as she was tired towards the end. However this didnt affect our enjoyment of our stay and I would certainly return. I also had a wonderful scalp massage in the spa. Our DBB package was great value, thanks very much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lisa

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your comments to the team.

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is one of me and my partner's favourate places for a quiet night away. Stayed on a Sunday night and booked DB&B for less and £120 which for the standard of hotel and the food is excellent. The modern rooms are all spacious and clean with large bathrooms with seperate showers and the spa area is large enough and especially on a Sunday, nice an quiet. Food in the restaurant is excellent and in my opinion cant be faulted and breakfast is fit for a king. Overall a really nice place to spend some time relaxing, reading the Sunday papers in front of a log fire.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MacCardrona, Manager at Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your very positive response. I am delighted that you again enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cardrona and Macdonald Hotels again.

Kelso, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Booked this spa day through a Groupon deal and it was well worth it. From arrival to departure we could not fault this spa. Used gym equipment, pool,steam room and sauna. Enjoyed lunch and then relaxed until time for our back massage and facial. These treatments were the best we have had and we have had many in different spas. All the staff we had contact with were excellant, Linda, Bob, Gemma, Nicola and the young man (sorry did not get his name) who helped me in the gym to set up the treadmill, thank you for a lovely day. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MacCardrona, General Manager at Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for providing an excellent review of your Spa Day. I am delighted that the team all looked after you so well, I will pass on your feedback to them.

Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have wrote a review for this hotel before but have been again twice since then so decided to do an update.

I have now stayed here 4 times in 2 years and I am always sad when I leave & look how I can find the monley to return.

The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. The lounge is my favourite spot to read my book, take in the relaxed atmosphere of the hotel.

I have to say i have noticed a change in customer care since my last stay & in fact the staff are now more attentive and nothing is too much trouble, maybe a change in management since my last stay is behind this.

The breakfast and dinners are top quality, I was disappointed the menu for dinner had not changed much since my last stay (2months ago) but the quality of food is good & I enjoyed my meals on both nights.

I would say I only stay here when there is speacial offer & this makes it good value for money, I do not think I would pay full price for a stay as I think these rates are a bit steep for what you get.

I will return to the Cardrona & would suggest you go visit but try to go if you can get a good deal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your very kind review, I have passed on your comments to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stuart Maxwell

Been to Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!