I recently stayed 2 nights at this hotel and as I have a "cows milk allergy" I thought it best I contact them before travelling, the response I received from Holly on reception should have been a warning as when I tried to explain my allergy to her, she gave a very audible exasperated sigh as if it was to much much trouble for her and it took 4 attempts before she finally listened.
Maybe Holly new something I didn't, as the hotel did not cater for my allergy, they merely tolerated me and did not offer any replacement meals.
On the first night "New Year's Eve" I managed to find something on the menu that I could eat and it was a very enjoyable meal, however I had to go to a supermarket and buy my own dairy free spread as the hotel hadn't bothered.
On the second night there was next to nothing on the menu that I could eat. Of the 4 starters, all contained milk product and I was given a hastily thrown together starter that consisted of slices of under ripe melon, old curled up sour passion fruit and some slices of very bitter orange. This starter I left as it was disgusting and on telling the waiter this, he laughed in my face. All 4 main dishes contained milk products and all I could have was a steak and chips without any sauce. Once again the 4 dessert choices contained milk products and at this point I left the table very upset and tried to speak to the manager but he never offered any solution merely saying that my body language and hand signals were quite aggressive.
When I pointed out that I was very upset and his hand signals were identical to mine, he had no answer, nor did he have any answer to my dietary requirements nor did he apologies for the fact that I could not be fed. This however did not stop him from charging for the food I could not eat.
During our 2 night stay at this hotel my wife probably spent more time cleaning our room than the staff had prior to our arrival or during our stay. The window ledge had many dirty rings on it that had obviously been there for some time, the bedside cabinets also had similar rings and the toilet was not cleaned during our stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf Hotel Cardrona
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel Country
- Macdonald Cardrona Resort Country
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa Scotland