I managed to get a great price of £55 per room per night for a short three night break for 4 of us. The staff were very helpful on booking and managed to give us interconnecting rooms which meant that the kids could be in one room and we could be in the other. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff were friendly, polite and helpful.
Don't expect great atmosphere. As it is so close to the channel tunnel and Dover, it is clearly a favourite with coaches parties. This means that at 8/9pm there is a sudden influx of guests . Apart from filling the dining room, this did not impact on us at all as we used the hotel as a base and fir our own thing.
The dining Tom is rather soul less , especially when full of tourists sitting in rows eating rather like at boarding school . We did not eat there ( apart from breakfast which was the usual Holiday Inn affair and perfectly adequate).
For me the main boxes were ticked :
No mistakes in my booking or bill
Value for money
Plenty of parking
In three days we visited Canterbury, Whitstable and Calais so we made the most of such a great location .
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Hotel Upper Harbledown
- Holiday Inn Canterbury
- Canterbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Canterbury Upper Harbledown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern 89 room hotel offering well appointed guest rooms with writing desk, TV, Hair Dryer, and Tea & Coffee making facilities. The hotel offers free WiFi, and car parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Canterbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.