“Altinkaya Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ozankoy
London
“Altinkaya Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great place for adults to stay, close to Girne, beautiful gardens, lovely helpful staff. Little villas located on either side of the road, each with a pool plus the hotel with good rooms. My friends always stay here when visiting.

Room Tip: The little villas are great as they all have small terraces, each hotel room has a balcony, hotel ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel on at least 4 occasions. Hotel is fine. Nice setting and great location.
Staff are great. Value for money, you can't fault it. BUT, I don't understand why they don't cover the food at the breakfast buffet area. Everything is left in the trays or bowls uncovered, from the cooked items to the breads, cereals, jams etc and attracts flies for breakfast as well. The hotel is clean and tidy but I won't touch any breakfast that you have to shoo off a bunch of flies before you tuck in. Come on altinkaya, sort it out. Get some covers on the food. Mentioned this when we were there but didn't change anything.
Also the bathrooms are very tired, they need a bit of tlc.
These are my only complaints and could be easily sorted. I will def stay here again, it is a nice and convenient hotel with nice staff.
If you don't want flies for breakfast, don't be put off, as you can get a fantastic breakfast at the new lemar for £3. Only 2 mins away.
Full English breakfast and tea. Fab.
Overall the hotel is very good. They don't claim to be 5 star. It's very good value for money. Just wish they would sort the things I mentioned.
Tony.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

From the outside, this place looked great! We were disappointed at the old, tired rooms that looked like they could use a good scrub. They are clearly clean too quickly as we discovered empty water bottles and other rubbish from previous guests in our room. Wifi only available in reception. Fortunately there is a large lounge with lovely open fire. Be careful leaving your breakfast unattended as the cats jump up on to the tables to help themselves!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paphos, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Have stayed in a few different in the past but found this one on a recent visit to see fronds. This hotel is very good in all aspects and excellent in some. It is in walking distance of Kyrenia tow centre. It is very clean, the breakfast is excellent and the staff very efficient. Will always choose this hotel on our future visits.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are best, overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
bangor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We've just returned from a week's break at the Altinkaya, having enjoyed a fortnight there 10 years ago. When we arrived around 10pm we were delighted to be allocated to a room in the Armonia - their name for the new building which was just being finished off 10 years ago. We were also really pleased to be offered a proper meal, despite the lateness of the hour. We found the staff really helpful. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble, sorting little problems, ordering taxis etc. Some things puzzled us. Eg. Our room had an electric kettle, cups and teaspoons. But no coffee, tea, milk, sugar etc. so we could enjoy making our own late night or early morning drinks. Also, conspicuous by its absence at breakfast - bacon, (and decent non-spiced sausage). It was strange having slices of spicy spam-type "meat" (probably some sort of pork) with eggs, tomatoes toast, cereals, fruit etc - even fried potatoes. Each to their own, I suppose. At this time of year there's nothing to do in the complex in the evenings except watch TV or sit at the bar; or go elsewhere - which is what we did, and it looked like others had the same idea as the bar always seemed empty when we returned. All in all, the Altinkaya still gets our vote, and we would have no hesitation in recommending it, or returning to it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

**There is a lovely young black dog in a cage at the rear of the hotel who is very friendly, I have left a pink lead attached to her cage as she would love a walk, so if you are a dog lover or missing your own pooch please go and see her, she will jump up in friendly excitement, and would so love a walk with you! A very special girl. She likes to paddle her front paws in a bucket of water after her spell of freedom before she goes back in her cage, there is a water tap on the wall down the steps. Please go and see her :o) **

This hotel has a certain charm. It is a perfect place to relax and unwind, it has a chilled atmosphere and everyone chats to everyone else. Friendly but not obtrusive. The staff certainly are a credit to the hotel and are always on hand to assist you. There is a genuine sincerity to do as much as possible for you to enjoy your stay.
During our stay there were several 'old timers' who stay at Altinkaya frequently, which is a recommendation in itself.
There is a variety of food at breakfast and I fail to see how you couldn't find something to eat, something for everyone and every taste. Accommodation can be changed if unsuitable, there are rooms in the main hotel and a variety of apartments or split level around the grounds. The gardens are really lovely and well kept. Car hire across the road Is cheap, although I felt like I was in wacky races in the car I had, it all adds to the fun. The location is great, and is not far from kyrenia centre. Wifi available around the reception area which reaches out to the terrace but not available in the rooms as yet. Nice lounge area indoors with TV, books and comfortable sofas and chairs.

I prefer this kind of hotel to the numerous casino hotels, there is a more personal service. It is not 5 star and does not claim to be. This is not a slick and glossy hotel chain. There are a few quirks but this makes Altinkaya more charming, and I would definitely stay there again.

The pool area was very clean and well looked after. The group of cleaners were very sweet and cheerful, they did a good job. I believe there is further accommodation over the road and another pool but I didn't see this myself to comment.

Other people have complained about the cats...I wouldn't consider myself a cat person but I really enjoyed their company and watching their antics and different characters emerging during my stay. They did not jump on tables on the terrace or on the dining tables so what's the problem?

In summary, I like this place, I will stay again and I am hard to please. My only niggle is that the Pool is not heated and I was not brave enough to plunge into its icy depths, although others managed to...

Room Tip: I stayed in 205 which was more than adequate, my son stayed in the main hotel and said it was fine w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times. It is not as flash as some of the other Casio hotels but it is a lot cheaper and friendlier. The first time we stayed here was 4 years ago and the breakfast was a joke. They
certainly have gone up a gear with the food. There is a new extension being built on the hotel but we were not aware of any building works when we were there. But worth checking

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Altinkaya Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!