“Close to home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley

You added The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley to your Saves list
The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Verdelho Dr, The Vines, Swan, Western Australia 6069, Australia   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in The Vines
Perth, Australia
“Close to home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Not use to having a weekend away in our own home town. In recent years we tend to be at some overseas location. The vines entrance area is in the process of being refurbished so it was looking pretty good. The desk service was very prompt and efficient and our room was well prepared for our arrival, with the air conditioner turned, very welcome on a warmish day. Our room overlooked the pool area and we enjoyed sitting on the balcony. We did like the fact that the room was larger than most hotel rooms we have stayed in. The mini bar was well stocked and we had two bottles of complimentary wine on arrival in our room. The room was very clean and well maintained. We would have liked to have stayed a second night, but the hotel was booked out for the Saturday evening, our fault for presuming there would be a room available. The 25 metre pool and heated spa was great and we enjoyed viewing the kangaroos, lots of, mowing the golf course. Our only disappoint for a non budget hotel was that the scrambled eggs for breakfast were made from reconstituted/dehydrated eggs. I endure this when I'm hiking, but not for breakfast in a hotel. It would also be a nice touch to have wifi available in your room, not just in the foyer. We would go again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the pool area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your welcoming experience at the Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley.

It is with great pleasure that I read your review regarding the level of service you received here recently and in particular the very prompt and efficient efforts of the front desk team at the resort. I am glad that you enjoyed the clean spacious room and balcony view, as well as the kangaroos on the golf course.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback, it is of great value. Please be assured that I have taken note of your concern and measures to address this matter are in place to ensure we offer you a better service in the future.

I hope we will be given the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley soon. I am sure we will continue to provide you this same level of service whenever you stay at our hotel.

With the kindest of regards,

Charity Chola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Plenty of kangaroos hopping around, lots of ducks, really relaxing environment. Room is spacious, had a nice view looking over the golf course. Good amenities and it was quiet.

Great base to enjoy the whole experience of Swan Valley. The bar had a good selection of food and drinks with reasonable price and friendly service. If you are tired, you don't have to go too far for dinner, enjoy the hotel life.

Room Tip: Upstairs are better!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley.

It is such a pleasure to read that you liked the perfect, quiet location and found it relaxing. I am glad that you enjoyed the wildlife, spacious room with view, great food and drinks, friendly service as well as other great amenities.

I will definitely share your review with other staff, as this will serve as an encouragement because at The Novotel Vines Resort, we always endeavour to deliver the best service to all our guests.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley so that we can continue to provide you with high level of service.

Warm Regards

Auckland Central, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed in a villa which was just what we needed.Clean but needs a little update, carpets need stretching. Otherwise fine. Lovely quite location,villa was a little larger than what we required but know what we need for next time.Cafe service was good,and a good selection.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

It is with great delight that I read you liked the lovely quiet location of the resort, enjoyed the large clean villa, great service and good quality food from the café.

Please rest assured that I have taken note of the concerns you raised, and measures are in place to address the matter and ensure we offer you a better service in the future. We are currently in the process of refurbishing the resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Very relaxing, great service, beautiful surroundings highly recommended place to stay with a great pool and the food is great. Only 30 mins from the city and yet no noise from the traffic and a great place for kids to stay

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your relaxing experience at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley.

It is with great pleasure that I read your review regarding the level of service you received here recently. I am glad that you liked the location and beautiful surroundings of the resort.

It is with great delight that I read the kids enjoyed their stay too. I thank you again for your review of appreciation. Please be assured that I will pass on your gratitude to the team at the hotel.

I hope we will be given the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley soon. I am sure we will continue to provide you this same level of service whenever you stay at our hotel.

With the kindest of regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My sister & I enjoyed our 2 night stay at Novotel Swan Valley, very relaxing & quiet.....Staff very helpful.....Meals were excellent, staff very helpful....
The ducks were bit of a nuisance, didn't appreciate them in the pool...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley.

It is with great delight that I read you and your sister had a relaxing quiet stay. I am glad you found the staff helpful and the meals excellent.

Please rest assured I have taken note of your concern and I will notify the relevant department to follow up and ensure we offer you a better service in the future.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Staying one night, we made use of the room, pool, cafe and restaurant.

Overall, we were very pleased with the room. A very comfy, large bed, a TV which could use some updating, a fantastic large spa that was great. It was perfect for relaxing and chilling-out. The pool was clean and crisp.

When we go away, the food counts for a big part of the trip. Unfortunately, the major let-down of the trip was the food at this resort. For lunch we ate at the cafe. Excellent menu, lots of variety, and excellent service. But the food was average at best. The type of thing I'd expect to get served at a bowls club (no offence!). The let-down was in the quality of ingredients... proper pizza cheese, a lovely homemade pizza dough and better quality chorizo would've solved the issue for me.

The dinner service at the restaurant was very good. Entree buffet was excellent, lots of choice - seared tuna was amazing! The main course was also excellent...lamb shank in puff pastry. Good wine selection, too, as you would expect. The desserts I wouldn't touch just by the look of them. Mass produced, starchy and artificial-looking.

The breakfast service at the restaurant was the worst. Horribly over-priced (only ate the continental). Overall, it was a very dated breakfast set-up. The would've been using the same equipment from 10 years ago, with a toaster that didn't toast properly and had a knob missing. A good selection of bread to choose from, accompanied by the cereal staples, but the pastries/muffins were yet again mass-produced and artificial-tasting. At least there were quality Beerenberg condiments available. The fresh fruit salad was for the most part not ripe. The juices were from the bottle - no freshly squeezed OJ here! The biggest thing was the awful selection of teas. English breakfast and peppermint. If you wanted anything else, you had to PAY for a pot. I wasn't going to pay $4 for a pot of tea when I'd just spent $24.50 on toast! Ridiculous in this day that you can't get some Earl Grey in a hotel breakfast buffet.

I'm sure I sound like a food-snob, but the food was not what I expected from the reputation of The Vines Resort. It let-down the comfortable room and good service. I would stay here again, but would pack a picnic.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay and liked the large comfortable bed. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Please rest assured that I have taken note of all your concerns and measures to address the matters are in place to ensure we offer you a better service in the future.

We are currently in the process of refurbishing the resort. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you again at the Vines so that we can demonstrate our high standard of quality service to you.

Karrinyup, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, great facilities all situated in a beautiful part of Perths outer areas in the Swan Valley proved to be a convenient and relaxing experience that leaves you wanting to come back for more.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing the review about your experience at The Novotel Vines Resort swan Valley, we really appreciate your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed the resort's great location and facilities. I am delighted that you found the resort very convenient , staff friendly and had a relaxing experience.

We always look forward to welcoming you back at the resort. Whenever you are ready to secure your future booking, please feel free to contact our friendly reservations team.

Thank you once again for your review.

Charity Chola

Been to The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley? Share your experiences!