“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
cardiff
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

While this restaurant is not cheap it does provide excellent value for money in exceptional surroundings (particularly for Iceland). Exceptional service and high quality food, with wonderful views of the city. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it-lobster soup was one of the best ever tasted. Cost was around £100 for 4 courses and a good wine for 2 people-good value for what you got.

• Visited February 2013

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We worried about going during the Winter because of not getting the full experience of the panoramic view due to the darkness, but this was unfounded.
We had the set menu with wine and had a fantastic night. The service was exceptional.
Having never eaten trout, I was worried about whether I'd like it but it was delicious. I wasn't so keen on the lobster soup though.
The beef was melt in the mouth and I found myself dreaming about the dessert today.
Wonderful atmosphere and we enjoyed the views and pointing out various landmarks.

Only things that didn't warrant this restaurant getting 5* was that I asked for my beef to be well done. When I cut into one end, it was BRIGHT pink and nowhere near well done. However, I ate it anyway as I don't like causing a fuss, especially as we were having such a great night. The other issue - which in hindsight could have been disastrous - was that I have a nut allergy. After spotting that the dessert was served with nut crumble, I raised this issue with the waiter straight away who advised that they could sort it so I had another dessert. However, when the dessert was placed in front of me, I checked that it had no nuts and was told it did. It was then whisked away and taken back to the kitchen. My other half still had his dessert on the table and it then took about 15 minutes for another one to be made without nuts.

Despite these issues, this was one of the best meals out I have ever had. Fantastic views, service, atmosphere and food. Would really recommend (but just double check if have any allergies).

• Visited February 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Cafe Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We didn't have time to visit the restaurant on this trip but we did come to the building to take photographs of Reykjavik from the 360* viewing platform and were very pleased to discover that we could access the viewing platform for free AND there is a comparatively cheap day cafe on the floor below the restaurant that serves excellent quality snacks and lunches. We had 2 fresh open sandwiches, 2 hot drinks and two fresh and filling soup bowls that you could re-fill as many times as you liked. The weather was closing in v quickly but I did manage to get some pics of a rainbow that formed before our eyes. V exciting [for me].

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
“A Must for 1st Time Reykjavik Visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nestled on top of a hill just outside of Reykjavik proper (and within walking distance of the Icelandair Hotel Natura) is Perlan. This revolving rooftop restaurant is worth it. In the summer (20 hours +/- daylight), the views are spectacular. We stayed at the Natura and had a leisurely "daylight" walk home at 9:30 PM! The food is delicious - I recommend the lamb. The service is impeccable and the views re magnificent. A great place for couples and families with teens and above. No fuss, no muss and you're treated like royalty! We didn't go on our most recent trip in January 2013 but we will be back!

York, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Perlan and had their set menu, which I believe to be great value for money.
The service was fantastic the views were outstanding although I think it should rotate slightly slower!
Food was great, the lamb was a little fatty but the meat was great. The steak was perfect. The lobster soup was a little odd, I cannot place the flavours but it was not great!!! Everything else was great.

• 4 of 5 stars Food