“Near perfection with a fantastic view” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 323 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse, Scandinavian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fine dining On the eighth floor of the Radisson BLU Saga hotel is Grillid, a restaurant that for more than half a century has been a symbol of a perfect night in Reykjavik. The reason is simple, at Grillid quality comes first, in food and drink, service and atmosphere. A night at Grillid is really a celebration for your senses, quality food and fine wine. Grillid Restaurant truly defines fine Icelandic dining. Panoramic view Grillid is on the eight floor of the Radisson Blu Saga hotel in Reykjavik and provides amazing view over Reykjavik city, the sea and the mountains.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Near perfection with a fantastic view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our party of 3, with some misgivings, decided to eat at our hotel restaurant. Otherwise, Grillid is not in a part Reykjavik that is densely packed with alternatives but is not remote from downtown either. We have been heavily into the fine dining scene during this week in Reykjavik. The meal at Grillid stands out as the best. The view was fantastic, it was quiet, service was attentive and professional and the food was delicious and creatively inspired. The seven course surprise, Chef's discretionary, price fixe with wine was very much a meal likely impossible anywhere but here using local products as much as practicable. Wine pairings worked well and arrived in time to be available for the intended dish. Portions were controlled so seven courses were not too many. This meal will be remembered as will the surprisingly vibrant Reykjavik dining scene.

Mechelen, Belgium
“Great evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I arrived by myself in Reykjavik just around dinner time and decided to try the hotel restaurant. Luckily I found the way to the top floor, because I had a great experience. Amazing view on the city, very friendly and attentive staff and great food. I went for the three course menu with wine pairing and it was just lovely. Food was excellent and skilfully presented, although I found the starter a bit bland. Wines were excellent. All in all good value for money and I would certainly return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Great service, great food, great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I enjoyed one of the best meals of my life last night at the Grillið Restaurant. This place has been around for as long as I remember and Im still raving about the last meal I had there about 20 years ago. It was high time I visited again as I had a meal that I can now rave about for the next 20 years. Mind you, after the service, food and views I enjoyed last night I won't leave so long until my next visit. Reykjavik is full of great restaurants but Grillið stands out for their longevity, and impeccable service. I highly recommend it for locals and visitors alike.

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Always excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and went to Grillid. We had a wonderful evening with great food, wine and attentive service. I can only recommend everyone to go their and enjoy the view and great culinary skills.

• Visited June 2014
Monifieth, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Beautiful location, with high end dining & an ambitious chef.
We were allowed the time to savour our meal, with a couple of complimentary courses added in. The portions were satisfying without being too much, which allowed the innovative flavour combinations to shine.
I had the langoustines with smoked onions - a revelation! The beef tenderloin was possibly one of the finest courses I've ever had. Sublime, and having the chef serve the course & explain his food philosophy was a special touch.

Truly a meal to remember.

Visited June 2014