“Nice place, decent location, good party” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Reykjavik
Oshawa, Canada
“Nice place, decent location, good party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a nice hotel. Efficient and helpful. Good lobby, fast elevators.We had seen a few other hotels but this I feel was good for ease into town, not near an airport (noise wise), and a 10 minute walk to the largest Mall in Iceland. I heard the rooms with odd numbers were larger but we did not think it made a difference,...better views and larger but when are you in the room in daylight anyway? Iceland is a place to go to be outdoors most of the time.
The beds a little odd. Either two singles or a double with two single duvets on it. One sheet may have helped to go below the two single duvets (if your a couple you may need it). Takes a bit to figure out the TV and the shower handles. Decent amenities, hairdryer and soaps. The fridge small but useful.
Nice lobby, they all worked hard at the front desk and to book trips. The restaurant had good food yet pricey like everything else is in Iceland. Get a deal for breakfast if you can before you check in as I think it was $27 a person and we heard if you can get it included it is cheaper overall.
The staff were good at the front desk and mostly everywhere else, but the house keeping not the greatest. We never had a full clean up in the room, often cups and dishes sat in the hall for a couple of days, new glasses in the bathroom not replaced and the towels were not given to us new unless we left them in a heap on the floor. I would just say "very little house keeping". The bar tenders in the bar a bit slow also. Borrow glasses from other places. Buy alcohol at a store or mall.
We often brought our own drinks down to start the eve in the bar. The happy hour is amazing with half price wine and alcohol, the place starts hopping. Small place but a big bar at the same time, people dressed well and all looked good and looked like they were having a good time. A great time to buy high end wines when the price is half at happy hour. A great start and end to an evening to sit there and people watch.
All and all, a good place to stay if you get a package deal. If you want a high end dinner, the Vox restaurant was different, pricey but good,,..It will be on the restaurant review.

Room Tip: I doubt the extra price for a larger room would be that great of a difference. Get the highest floo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We went with group of Friends to explore Iceland and we choose to stay in Hilton, because of Free parking and good reviews, and we wasnt disappointed at all.... There is nothing to complaint, breakfast excellent, service excellent, staff friendly and nice...Small thing like laundry service, if you miss even 2 minutes before timing, your laundry wont be accepted. Both room what we had, was nice, clean and perfect...

We did not use many of facilities. Bar prices is ok. restaunrat we did not use, so there is nothing what i can tell. Location quite central, like 15 minutes walking to the city center.

Highly recommended..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Excellent hotel, where you can fine very nice rooms, with good bed, a super nice and cosy loby, and an EXCELLENT RESTAURANT! What a surprise to get a DELICIOUS fish at the room service! it s much better that what you normally expect from a room service! after Hawaie, i had there the best fish in my life...very simple and perfect. The beaksfast is good, but the personal from the breakfast restaurant should learn how to smile....they were not nice at all...very antipatic....The comestics products from the room are also good. Regarding the room service, i can say that the whole hotel is very clean, but they way personal is taking care of the room was very bad: they left our empty bottles and drinks from the day before in the room, they left our clothes on the floor, they left the socks in the bed in the middle of it etc.... not good for this kind of hotel...
Kids are not allowed to the spa, and again, personal from the spa was very cold and not nice... plus you have to pay hight price to use the spa like sauna and hot tab ( i dont like this)
But anyway, this is a very good hotel in general and you can go there without any doubts...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Good: Beautiful lobby, rooms were very clean and simply furnished. Bed was very comfortable. Always like the pillows that Hilton has. Staff is extremely helpful and responsive. There is a booking desk in the lobby for tours.
The Bad: My room was for a single, but was quite small (you can say it was cozy). While the breakfast selection is quite expansive, you do pay around $30. Location is rather far away from the city center. It took me 40 minutes to walk from the harbor to my hotel room. I realized I could get my tour bus to drop me off in the city center at the end of each day rather than at the hotel. This made it only a one-way trip for me.
Wi-fi is not free in the rooms. However, it is free in the lobby. I found myself in the lobby each night using the wi-fi. There's plenty of couches and chairs in the lobby to hang out in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was included in our vacation package so we could not transfer to a hotel closer to the harbour. We finally understood when all the participants for one of our tours slept at the same hotel. Upon arriving from the airport (8 am), we were given our keys to our room which was small by Canadian standards (lacking a dresser with drawers) but had the nicest bedding and feather pillows (my favorite) of any hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel staff was very helpful and professional with any questions we had.

Perla, of the Iceland Tour Travel desk in the hotel, went out of her way to locate some golf “ball markers” from an Icelandic golf course for me. I was ecstatic as I try to collect ball markers/divot repair tools from golf courses in countries I visit. What made this truly exceptional was the fact that all the golf courses in Iceland are closed for the season. ….thanks again Perla.

The only wished the hotel had a more causal place to eat a quick breakfast or light lunch in the hotel as the restaurant felt very high end and not a relaxing place for these meals.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great hotel the staff were really helpful and made you feel welcome from the moment I arrived. Food & service were excellent, I cannot fault this hotel. I will definitely use it again and would recommend to all my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reykjavik, Iceland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'm here now and it's a nice hotel that's inconveniently located on a major road that's noisy on one side of hotel and they have noisy construction on the other side of hotel. I asked to be moved from the construction side and they put me in a smaller room on the noisy road side. Maybe they were trying to be funny...I'm not laughing. It's hard to sleep.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Hilton Reykjavik Nordica? Share your experiences!