“4 star hotel = 4 star rating” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale From ISK20971
Ranked #13 of 46 hotels in Reykjavik
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“4 star hotel = 4 star rating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Good: Beautiful lobby, rooms were very clean and simply furnished. Bed was very comfortable. Always like the pillows that Hilton has. Staff is extremely helpful and responsive. There is a booking desk in the lobby for tours.
The Bad: My room was for a single, but was quite small (you can say it was cozy). While the breakfast selection is quite expansive, you do pay around $30. Location is rather far away from the city center. It took me 40 minutes to walk from the harbor to my hotel room. I realized I could get my tour bus to drop me off in the city center at the end of each day rather than at the hotel. This made it only a one-way trip for me.
Wi-fi is not free in the rooms. However, it is free in the lobby. I found myself in the lobby each night using the wi-fi. There's plenty of couches and chairs in the lobby to hang out in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

1,536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was included in our vacation package so we could not transfer to a hotel closer to the harbour. We finally understood when all the participants for one of our tours slept at the same hotel. Upon arriving from the airport (8 am), we were given our keys to our room which was small by Canadian standards (lacking a dresser with drawers) but had the nicest bedding and feather pillows (my favorite) of any hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel staff was very helpful and professional with any questions we had.

Perla, of the Iceland Tour Travel desk in the hotel, went out of her way to locate some golf “ball markers” from an Icelandic golf course for me. I was ecstatic as I try to collect ball markers/divot repair tools from golf courses in countries I visit. What made this truly exceptional was the fact that all the golf courses in Iceland are closed for the season. ….thanks again Perla.

The only wished the hotel had a more causal place to eat a quick breakfast or light lunch in the hotel as the restaurant felt very high end and not a relaxing place for these meals.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great hotel the staff were really helpful and made you feel welcome from the moment I arrived. Food & service were excellent, I cannot fault this hotel. I will definitely use it again and would recommend to all my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reykjavik, Iceland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm here now and it's a nice hotel that's inconveniently located on a major road that's noisy on one side of hotel and they have noisy construction on the other side of hotel. I asked to be moved from the construction side and they put me in a smaller room on the noisy road side. Maybe they were trying to be funny...I'm not laughing. It's hard to sleep.

• Stayed November 2013
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Had a couple of nights in the Hilton. Very nice, modern, and clean. Gym facilities looked good but I didn't get a chance to use them. Some small shopping centres nearby (again didnt have time to see what was there). The restaurant in the hotel is quite expensive but very good!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

it's rated as the best hotel in town. we had nothing to compare it to, but had no problems with it. the rooms were nice and had every accommodation that we have in the states. (small fridge, little coffee station & much bigger bathroom).

it is a bit far from downtown, however they do offer a bus pass and in reality isn't a bad walk. we walked back from down 3x at night and felt very safe. if you fly in too early they may not have a room for you and you'll have to wait. however, i didn't expect for them to have a room for us at 6:45 and it wasn't a problem. the breakfast buffet is very expensive. (we took cereal and milk and had that for breakfast every day). other guests said they enjoyed the spa, however we never used these services. in all, we enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: i'd ask for a room to see the sea.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a pleasant and comfortable stay here. The breakfast buffet is worthwhile and usually lasted us until evening. The bus stops to and from downtown are conveniently just outside the door and the hotel provides free bus tickets for the duration of your stay. There is free wifi but downstairs only. The lady at the tour office was very helpful!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Reykjavik Nordica? Share your experiences!