“Great hotel just outside center city” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sudurlandsbraut 2, Reykjavik 108, Iceland   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Reykjavik
“Great hotel just outside center city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here on several visits to Reykjavik. Hotel is clean, comfortable, and has a wonderful breakfast. Nearby is a fantastic pool, restaurants, and a great sports bar just up the hill. Bus service is frequent out the front door thus the whole city is easily accessible from here.

• Stayed December 2012
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this review, May 8, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
It is always nice to get a positive feedback from our returning customers. Thank you for your continued loyalty and for recommending us to other readers. Hopefully you will give us the pleasure to accommodate you more often in the future.

Trausti Karlsson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Clean and quiet lodging that lives up to the Hilton brand. Big rooms and very convenient to downtown shopping with free bus passes. Very excellent breakfast too. Easy access to public pool, bus routes and roadways. Wonderful and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013
Boulder, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Hilton Reykjavik was more modern than many Hiltons I've stated at before with a nice layout and most importantly clean rooms and reasonably comfortable beds. My main reason for only giving an average rating for this hotel is that you have to watch out for extra fee items at the hotel and the lack of close by restaurants or nightlife. For business travels who don't plan to be in downtown Reykjavik this might not be as big a concern. WiFi in rooms is not complementary, and in my opinion at $15 / day was expensive. There is restaurant (VOX) on site that was nice and apparently depending on how you book sometimes includes breakfast with your room and sometimes does not. The hotel bar was well staffed, with great drinks and the perfect location for a evening meeting over drinks for meetup point with friends before heading downtown. If you plan on being downtown late though be aware that it's a pretty good hike back to the hotel. While only about two miles from downtown taxis wanted about $18 US each way to/from the hotel. Hilton does offer buss passes which actually work pretty well to get around in Reykjavik with. Just be aware that the bus service stops at 11 PM, and does not run on Sunday's or holidays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We chose the Hilton Nordica mainly because we trusted the brand name and breakfast was included with our rate - neither of which disappointed us when we arrived. The hotel, and Iceland itself, was surprisingly more modern than I had anticipated. The hotel lobby was a very inviting modern lounge with free wifi and amazing music streaming through the speakers. The rooms were Scandinavian in design, clean and comfortable. The floors were actually hardwood - which is a nice feature in a hotel room where carpeting gets nasty quickly. The bathroom was very clean and modern, and it even had a full, deep tub. It did not have a fan though. The water pressure was great. The toiletries were high quality. The towels were nice and big, but there weren't enough towel racks or hooks to hang them properly to dry. Wifi in room is not free, so that's a bummer. But nothing is free in Iceland, so that's to be expected. The hotel breakfast was an amazing spread of hot and cold foods from various cuisines/countries. But if you missed breakfast, you were out of luck for snacks unless you wanted to buy something in the very overpriced bar or concessions shelves at the front desk. Or, you could go to the grocery store that was within walking distance. The hotel is situated in a good area with a few restaurants and bus stops (which you can use for free with a hotel bus fare card.) overall it was an enjoyable stay and we would definitely stay there again if we ever return to Iceland.

• Stayed April 2013
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this review, May 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
First of all I would like to thank you for recommending us to other readers, we highly appreciate it. Thank you also for notifying us about the towel racks, that´s something we definitely have to look into. I am very pleased to see that you would definitely stay with us again if you ever returned to Iceland. That really means a lot to us and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Rotorua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed for 6 nights in Reykjavik recently on business, and chose the Hilton because of my previous experience with the brand. I have to say it wasn't quite what I expected. It was "OK"...but not brilliant. There are a few things that (for me) would have made the stay far more enjoyable.

The room was furnished in what seems to be a typical Icelandic style....wooden floors, somewhat stark. That was nice for a change. I had one of the upper floor rooms (I paid extra for access to the Executive lounge). That was handy (as I ate a light breakfast there most mornings).

However - the amazing set of windows looking out over the mountains had very light curtains on them. I would have loved block-out curtains so that I wasn't woken by the light. I personally love sleeping in complete darkness, which is what most 5 star hotels in other parts of the world provide.

I also found the mattress to be very firm, so I ended up putting a quilt under me and another one on top of me for added softness. Part of the reason I chose to stay in the Hilton was because in other Hiltons that I've visited, the comfort-top mattresses are just amazing, giving back support but extreme comfort at the same time.

The biggest challenge I had was with the internet. For some reason, my internet connection in my room kept dropping out every 1 to 2 minutes. I was trying to access some accounting files back home through a remote server, and it was so frustrating it was bringing me to tears. The same happened when I was trying to make Skype calls (dropping me off every 1 to 2 mins). In the end, a lovely man at reception took pity on me (after he'd tried for several hours to help me get resolution to the problem), and he suggested a phone card. I purchased one online, putting my home address in Australia as my address. This wasn't a good idea, as I received an email some 24 hours later saying that they couldn't issue it to me until I verified a local address (which I did). So that hold-up meant I was having to make calls to Australia on my mobile....a very expensive option unfortunately.

Would I stay here again? I think I'd be more likely to try another accommodation next time, based on the challenges I had on this trip.

The one thing I loved about this particular Hilton was that it was located across the road from a fabulous raw food and mostly-vegetarian cafe, which I ate at most days. It was also a short walk to where I was working, so its location (while not in town) suited me very well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.

First of all I am very sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the internet connection. This shouldn´t have happened so please accept our sincerest apologies. I would like to thank you for stating your opinion regarding the black-out curtains. We are aware that those curtains would probably not be considered to be black out curtains in the U.S since they are a bit thinner than the usual black out curtains. Perhaps that it is something that we should consider to have changed. I am glad to see that the location suited you well but I am however sorry to hear that you did not like your overall stay at the Hilton Reykjavik Nordica. I hope that you will be able to give us another chance some other day and I am sure that you will experience us in a more positive way.

Holley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

If your going to spend any time in Reykjavik Iceland I highly recommend that you stay at the Hilton at the HHoners executive level if you can. The Money you will save with the Executive lounge in dining costs will be worth it in the end. On a one week stay I saved at least $300 with this service. Staff is the best, rooms are very nice and bus pass is a good bonus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Plymouth, Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

On arrival we were given a room on the 6th floor facing the mountains, beautiful view and very special. Breakfasts were very good. We picked up free wi-fi in reception and had to renew every 24 hours and it worked in the room so don't understand how this is a problem for some. Location is out of centre but with the free bus pass we went to and fro without any problem at all. The Krinlan shopping centre was a 15 minute walk away for heavy duty shopping. No problems at all with the hotel and that is what makes the stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Mountain front view.