“Nice little cafe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Graenn Kostur - CLOSED

Graenn Kostur
Skolavordustigur 8b, Reykjavik 101, Iceland (Miõborg)
+354 552 2028
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Kopavogur, Iceland
“Nice little cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've been here a few times. Reasonable portions (on the small side... if you're very hungry, try Kryddlegin Hjörtu instead for unlimited soup and salad), quality food, good gluten-free vegan options. The menu is a simple rotating menu with a decent enough variety, and the raw chocolate cake is quite tasty, too.

Visited June 2014

“Best vegetarian spot in Reykjavik by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Having been in reykjavik for 4 days i was beginning to lose hope that i'd ever find vegetarian food. but boy was i happy to find this place. totally good food, reallty tasty salads and the best houmous i ever tasted i went back for the next 3 days and if i had known about it i would have definately gone here everyday of my visit. i recommend it highly for other vegetarians visiting. it is a bit hard to find which is why i missed it to start with it's a bit off the street it skolavegurstigur which is the main street down form the big cathedral that joins up with laugeveur . they could sign it a bit better so it would be a bit easier to find but can't fault them on their food. totally delicious and very healthy!!!! 10/10!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New England
“Good but not great vegetarian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had a pleasant dinner at Graenn Kostur. It had come so highly recommended by another vegetarian tourist that we were disappointed. The food was quite good - we had lasagna - but nothing especially wonderful. However, it was great to have a restaurant which catered to vegetarians. They clearly use a lot of good, fresh ingredients. I would recommend it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not my cup of tea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

As a frequent visitor to vegetarian restaurants i must admit that this was a bit disappointing.
No real choice of food and Today's Menu was really not up my alley. Good service and I suppose that we all have different tastes....

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
United States
“Don't let appearances fool you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This place is certainly nothing to look at, inside or outside. If I had passed by it without having read reviews, I would not have wanted to stop. However, I had read reviews and searched the place out. The location certainly isn't obvious, and the only view is to a parking lot, but the food was good. My husband had the spinach lasagna. I ordered what was similar to a burrito. Since everything was in Icelandic, I wasn't exactly sure what it was called. But the servers explained to me what was in it, and it was very good. It contained rice and beans and vegetables. I was very glad it was a vegetarian restaurant, so I knew I wasn't eating anything I didn't want to eat. The server that attended to me didn't offer to heat my dish, and it was sort of room temperature. Another customer in line behind me ordered the same thing, and another server asked if she wanted it heated. I didn't want to complicate matters, so I just ate it at the temperature served, and it was still good and I enjoyed it. Both meals came with salad. Prices here were very reasonable considering how expensive the city is.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere