“Good vegetarian fare” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A naestu grosum

A naestu grosum
Laugavegur 20b, Reykjavik 101, Iceland (Miõborg)
552 8410
Neighborhood: Miõborg
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good vegetarian fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I ate here quite a few times, as it was close to my apartment. The food was good and I loved the organic red wine. The view from the window also made me happy, on a few rainy nights.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Belmont, Massachusetts
“Nice vegetarian restaurant. Great dessert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The restaurant provides good vegetarian fare. The service is cafeteria style. Nothing
fancy. But it felt really good to walk into a place and not have to worry about making
sure the soup was not made with meat based broth and such.

• Visited June 2011
New York City
“Taking advantage of vegetarians”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I can't understand how a vegetarian restaurant can serve food that is inedible. They seem to not know the most basic techniques for cooking vegetables. The rice was full of hard pieces. The shredded carrot ball thing was full of hard pieces, perhaps walnut shells?! The chick peas had hard dark brown peas, the ones you are supposed to take out and throw away before cooking, not to mention several stones! The dish I got was the "special" of the day. It cost around $15. After nearly busting a tooth and spitting a mouthful into my napkin, I picked around the minefield of the plate trying to eat the edible parts but I kept discovering more hard bits and had to give up. It's truly shameful.

I gave the place a "poor" rating rather than "terrible" because the bread was good.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Basic, filling, centrally located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

After self-catering in hostels for several days, we were glad to put together a meal from a variety of foods. The place is like a cafeteria - you walk up, look at the food behind the glass, and choose what you want. The person working at the counter answered our questions about the ingredients, and advised us on portion size. I liked that the dining room had an open and low-key atmosphere. The bread really is good!

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portsmouth Uk
“Reminded me of a bus station cafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We'd read the reviews and as my partner is veggie, we were so looking forward to a visit.
When we finally found it (upstairs over a chemist), it was disappointing that there was no menu outside or any clue as to what lay within.
We went on a Friday evening; it wasn't really busy. The restaurant was overly bright and lacked ANY character. In fact, it reminded me of a bus station cafe. The food is displayed on a hot plate and you point at what you want. On the evening we went, two pleasant but not overly helpful staff pointed out the selection. The food was tasty but not very hot but it was good value for money. Once we'd finished the meal however there was nothing to hang around for so we were probably in and out in 45 minutes; not an overly impressive dining experience. Although the food was good (but not really hot) I really dont know if I'd recommend this place....

• Visited March 2011