“A very posh, trendy Apartment!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Apartment K to your Saves list
Apartment K
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Thingholtsstraeti 2-4, Reykjavik 101, Iceland   |
Seattle, Washington
“A very posh, trendy Apartment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I recently traveled to Iceland and my first stop was Reykjavik. I reserved a room at Apt K based on other reviews. Upon arrival, all i can say is WOW! The pictures do not do justice to how trendy and nice my apartment was. A couple quick things to point out.

1. I arrived from Seattle at 6:30 AM and after catching a taxi, I was at the apt by 9 a.m. I rang the bell and my room was already available. That was huge.

2. The bed was a memory foam mattress. That coupled with the 42 inch plasma with full cable and built in movie library, resulted in the most rest I've ever gotten in a hotel room.

3. The facilities were beyond modern and nice. Everything you could need, stove, dishwasher, fridge.

4. The location was prime. Staying in the city center, I expected to hear people outside. Having said that, it was not a problem for me and i quickly realized i was in the heart of everything. The location could not have been better.

5. And most importantly, was the staff. Friendly, helpful, and dedicated. While I was there, one of the employees actually left to find a lost individual who had landed and rented a car at 3 in the morning, so he could lead him back to the apartment. That's dedication.

All in all, I would rate this apartment a 10 out of 10. Clean, modern, well placed. I enthusiastically give this Apartment two thumbs up! I wanted to put the bed in my suitcase and take it home with me. Stay here you will be pleasantly surprised.

Rob
Seattle, USA

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

We arrived thinking we'd have a jacuzzi in the room (turns out to be a mix up with the booking agent) but the owners were very accommodating and offered us their car for a day as compensation which we were more than happy with. The studio itself was a very stylish design with a 'cave' shower room which was a feature in itself. All brand new kitchen to cook a few meals for the off nights as the city is quite pricey to eat in and the gadgets........everything you could wish for. Each room has a mac computer preloaded with films, wireless in the room for free and no less than 3 different coffee making thingymejigs! Overall we were very impressed and had a great stay. Only problem was the noise at the weekends - worth bringing earplugs if you're planning to sleep any time before 4am! Have already recommended to a friend

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

from reading the reviews we knew that we were in for a loud weekend but we enjoyed every minute of our stay at aparttment k. On arriving we were upgraded to a one bed roomed aprtment as the owner (not us) had some issues with our studio room. we were situated in one of their newest apartments and so had a few issues with the phone line (not working). the apartment, location and defiantely the shower made up for it though. yes, we were disturbed at 5am on Sat night/sun morning but we expected that in Reykjavik. only sorry that we were the sad ones staying in on a saturday night watching movies on a big screen tv when we could be out enjoying the nightlife of Reykjavik

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

Perfect location, very trendy modern spacious apartment, cool gadgets and free Wifi - could not have asked for better service, location or room facilities (I was the first person to stay in room 3 in new block right in the centre opposite B5 bar).

Only downside was the noise as other people have mentioned, single glazing and even with windows closed it sounded like they were all open, quite noisy especially on Fridays but I was out till quite late anyway on that night so it didn't bother me too much but even in the week having to get up early for a trip it did spoil my sleep a bit. Its a busy place for nightlife so to be expected a bit but not that much. Even so, I would def go back to the same apartment again, and hope to do so.

Matt
Hampshire UK

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

The studio room we were given was more than we expected with nice modern designs, king size bed, big sofa, large flat-screen TV, even a small dining table although I thought the cleanliness wasn't quite up to standard - dishes still in dishwasher (they were clean though), found hairs from previous guests on towels etc.

Check-in was great, we arrived on a very late flight so we emailed in earlier and one of the staff was waiting for us in their office - wouldn't have expected that from an apartment-hotel.

The location couldn't be beaten, right on the spot, everything was within walking distance including a 24 hour supermarket just down the road.

The major downside and definitely a dealbreaker for us if we are gonna be there again on a Friday or a Saturday was the ridiculously loud noise from some clubs nearby. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was as if they were just right next door and the loud bass were unbearable - if you will be here during the weekend and are not planning to join the clubbing scene then take my advice and don't!!! You will not be able to get any sleep until at least 3-4am and even then the sounds of cars honking and the clubbers making their way home will haunt you for another hour or so.. We were also very disappointed by the attitude of the manager who refused to acknowledge the problem when we tried to ask the next morning if we could be moved to another room. He insisted the rooms were deadly sound-proofed and that we shouldn't have heard a thing while in the room. We wouldn't mind if he just told us that they were fully-booked - but to just deny the problem even existed was just unacceptable and a bit insulting when we had to put up with another sleepless night.
Sunday onwards the problem solved itself as the clubs stopped playing music - we had a great stay then.. But if you plan to be here on a Friday or a Saturday, please look elsewhere ...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

We stayed in Reykjavik for a few days and read great reviews for Apartment K on this site. We booked and we were not disappointed!

The owner of the apartments upgraded us to a 1 bedroom apartment, equipped with a flatscreen HDTV, espresso machine, memory foam mattress, balcony and waterfall shower. He was so helpful and pointed us in the direction of an excursion company and recommended a few local restaurants.

The apartment was chic and stylish and just a stones throw from the Prime Minister of Reykjavik's house. We couldn't fault the location at all, we were right around the corner from the main shopping street and a short walk from all the bars and restaurants.

We're already planning to go back again and when we do we'll definitely be staying in Apartment K.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I chose Apartment K after reading great reviews on TripAdvisor. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. And you can't beat the location! We stayed in apartment H3 on Hverfisgata 14. That apartment is tucked inside a courtyard one street over from the main drag. Prime location, but far enough away to be quite late night! And the bed was a Tempurpedic -- we slept so well we're now looking to get one of our own!
The room wasn't cleaned when we checked-in at 3, but when we came back an hour later it was all set. The only other complaint that I would have is that there was a lot of visible mold on the ceiling.
But I would definitely go back there!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Apartment K? Share your experiences!