“Very central and very good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Laugavegur 22A, Reykjavik 101, Iceland (Miõborg)   |
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Reykjavik
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Westmeath
“Very central and very good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Fron in Feb 2013 for 5 nights. Check in was very fast. The reception desk were always helpful with my requests. The buffet breakfast of breads, fruit, yogurt, tea, coffee etc was enough to fill me for my early starts.
I stayed in one of the blocks of rooms located at the back of the hotel. My room looked out onto the courtyard. The room itself was basic but had everything that I needed. A few English tv channels, fridge, safe & a comfortable bed. It had a double bed but I think two people might have felt a little cramped in a room that size. The room was very warm with windows that opened & black out curtains. Piping hot water and towels changed regularly. Overall I found the hotel main areas & the rooms very clean.
My only con for this hotel & it wasn't even that much of an issue but I feel I should mention it. The walls are quite thin. I could clearly hear people in the hallway, outside & the next room!. This was not an issue on weeknights but I found on Friday/Saturday night when guests stayed out late that this did wake me up. Also from my room located at the back of the hotel I could still hear noise from the street. Again this was not an issue an any other night only Saturday night.

Hotel guests get a 10% discount in the hotel restaurant so be sure to mention that you are staying in the hotel.
Location is very central on the main shopping street. Less than 10mins walk to the harbour. 5 mins to supermarket. Excellent value for money. I paid only €220 for five nights B& B
I like my comfort when I travel and I am also very conscious of cleanliness wherever I stay & I would definitely stay in Hotel Fron if I were to visit Reykjavik again.

Room Tip: stay at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Polish first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

the hotel has a good central location but still the room managed to be quiet. you can walk in 15 minutes to any central point in Reykjavik. breakfast was good also. nothing special but adequate. rooms look a bit outdated. good value for money. go to blue lagoon on your way to airport!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Viva Stay

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

An excellent place to stay in the city. Very efficient and helpful staff. Central location in town is ideal for shopping, walking around the city and getting home at night from restaurants/bars. The rooms are quite modern and well-maintained, a problem I had with my bathroom was attended to immediately. The breakfast while simple, would cover most people's requirements. Definitely good value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here for a week.
The staff were lovely and helpful, the kitchen was all working, the beds were comfy and the shower was hot!
It could not be in a better loacation and there was really nothing to complain about for the price :D

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Right where things are going on and close walk to everything. Recommend room off the front st because of noise but we found running the stove fan at night drowned that all out. Staff were all around helpful for our needs. Breakfast was efficient and basic and the coffee was excellent.
I would stay here again but maybe get a room in the courtyard tho looking down from our balcony on the street activities was enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013
Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Will list the pros and cons:
Pros: Nice kitchen, clean, get baby cot, great location.
Cons: There is no parking facility, bad breakfast, rude and unfriendly staff.

If you are looking something to get by with then go for this hotel else stay at some other place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We just got back from visiting Iceland last week. We stayed at the Hotel Fron, with a room that had a small kitchen, complete with microwave,2 burner electric stove top, fridge, plates, knives, spoons,et.We had asked for and received early check in, at around 8am, and we were offered the days breakfast for free.
We also had a desk and a love seat plus chair. It was a very nice room, at the back of the hotel, away from the street noise. Breakfast was included, which consisted of different kinds of breads, cereals, cheese,ham,yogurt,some veggies, juice, coffee or tea. Of course you could have as much as you like. The hotel itself is right in the middle of everything, which was great. Many cafes, restaurants, shops,et. all around you, plus a supermarket open 24 hours right up the street, about a 10 minute walk away. An ATM was 2 doors away from the hotel itself. We walked all over the city with ease.
Reykjavik is a small city with everything close by, within walking distance. We never took a bus once, except the FLYBus from the airport to the hotel and back. It is much cheaper then a taxi.
The breakfast room becomes a restaurant at night. We did not dine there, so I can't say how they would be. However, the prices of everything are expensive. Dinner was $50-60 at a minimum, and we did not have anything fancy. Beer and wine are expensive also.
But to get back to the hotel, I would highly recommend staying here. It was in a great location, and all the hotel staff were nice, always willing to help. You can't go wrong staying at the Hotel Fron.

Room Tip: Try and book a rome at the back of the hotel. It did not get dark till about 11pm and there are MANY...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Fron? Share your experiences!